Chapter 19 - Bad Ideas

The audience watched silently as two teams battled it out for a chance to be promoted to chunin. But it was obvious that many of the observers had little to no interest in the fight taking place. Most people were there to watch three legendary ninja fight a team of 13-year-old misfits.

Sakura's heart rate increased in anticipation as she watched an Iwa team fight team 9. The pink haired kunoichi stared down at her hands when the proctor announced that the match was over. Their battle was next, and Kakashi hadn't even shown up.

Then their battle was announced, and Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke were told to get in the arena. So there they were, Sasuke and Naruto standing directly across from Jiraiya, and Orochimaru, while Sakura sat on her block of tungsten in front of Tsunade.

"Holy shit! This is really happening dattebayo!" Naruto said while jumping on the balls of his feet, earning a smack on the shoulder from Sasuke.

"Shut up Dobe. Now isn't the time,"

"Both of you, just stick to the plan." Sakura whisper-yelled. Sasuke looked at her with a panicky-irritated look.

"What plan? We didn't make one!" Hearing this, Sakura sighed,

"Begin in three,"

"One v. one, we'll pull a Naruto," The pinkette said.

"Two,"

"This is gonna get us killed," Sasuke growled, making Sakura smirk slightly.

"One,"

"Naruto's still alive isn't he?" The ravenette rolled his eyes.

"Begin!"

As soon as Hayate gave the signal, Naruto charged at Jiraiya while summoning several shadow clones. But it was all a waste since the Toad sage used his Needle Jizō technique, causing all of Naruto's clones to disappear with a poof.

Sasuke wasn't faring much better. He wanted to use his mangekyo as a last resort, which only left him Taijutsu and a bit of Ninjutsu...making him realize how dependent he actually was on his Kekkei Genkai. The ravenette growled, he had yet to land a blow on the snake Sannin, but Orochimaru was extremely fast.

Unlike her two teammates, Sakura was on the defensive. She silently thanked Gaara for his grueling training, if it wasn't for him she wouldn't have been able to keep up with Tsunade. The pinkette jumped as Tsunade tried to kick her legs out from underneath her. But then Sakura looked up to see the slug Sannin lace her fingers together and bring her arms down.

Without thinking, the pink haired kunoichi brought her forearms above her head, willing her tungsten to make a shield. The good news: It worked for Sakura. The bad news: It also worked for Tsunade.

The Slug Sannin's hands made contact with Sakura's shield with a loud "clang". The pinkette instantly felt a tingle rush through her arms and throughout her whole body. She didn't think much of it at first. But when Sakura went to move her arms back to her sides, her legs moved instead. And when she tried to lift herself to her feet, her arms reached in front of her.

Tsunade chuckled at Sakura's what-the-hell face. "What you're experiencing now is my Body Pathway Derangement Technique. I've disrupted the signals sent from your brain to the rest of your body. I suggest you forfeit."

Sakura staggered, there was nothing she could do fight Tsunade in her current state. She couldn't weave hand signals, her taijutsu would be a joke. But there was one thing the pinkette could do...

The Slug Sannin's head snapped to the tungsten block as she saw it crack down the middle. The two halves of the metal cracked in half as well, and then those halves split in half. Soon enough. The once large block of metal had broken into several shards, about the size of Sakura's forearm.