Chapter 5 - Naruto Screws up Everything

[About six years later:]

Sasuke stared at the ceiling while Iruka droned on about Hashirama Senju and his wood release. Why was he even here again? Oh right, because he wanted to prove that he wasn't the "Failed Uchiha"

But that didn't mean he had to memorize all of this stupid history. How would this help him? Sasuke doubted that reciting facts about the Senju clan would earn him any respect from the Uchiha. If anything, it would probably make them hate him even more.

What to do, what to do... Well, he could always look at what the other kids were doing. Most of them looked engaged, how that was possible Sasuke had no idea. He turned to Naruto for entertainment, maybe the energetic blonde could ditch with him? Much to Sasuke's dismay, the ramen lover was fast asleep. Snoring loudly while hunched over his desk.

Sasuke thought about talking with Sakura, but knowing her she would probably be genuinely interested in the lecture. The ravenette looked over and lo and behold, Sakura was scribbling frantically. She had her textbook open and everything. Sasuke groaned in annoyance. Now, what was he supposed to do? Sakura was taking these classes too seriously and Naruto couldn't care less about the Academy. So, with nothing better to do, Sasuke went back to staring at the ceiling.

________________________________________________

"Alright, since you'll all be placed into Genin squads by the end of the week, we're going to have team battles for practice. Three versus three, I'll let you create your teams. We'll start in 5," Iruka announced. Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke instantly exchanged glances. They were all set.

Sasuke saw most of the other teams as insignificant, the only ones their team would have to watch out for would be the Ino-Shika-Cho team and the one with the Hyuuga Clan heir. Though he hoped they wouldn't be pitted against either.

Iruka led all the students outside and began calling teams forward. Slowly, the number of teams waiting decreased until there were only two teams left. Noticing this, Sakura studied their future opponents. There was the unmistakable Hyuuga heir, if Sasuke had his Sharingan he could probably fight her alone, but with her Byakugan their safest bet would be to take out her teammates and then fight her 3 v 1.

Then there was the Aburame Shino, in all honesty, Sakura didn't want to fight him. Bugs really freaked her out, especially when they ate chakra. The pinkette shivered, she'd let Naruto and Sasuke deal with him.

Finally, there was Inuzuka Kiba, he was loud, brash, and rude, but he shouldn't be that much of a problem. Sakura was more worried about beating Akamaru than him.

"And for the final fight: Hyuuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba, and Aburame Shino versus Namika-"

"Just Naruto please, Iruka-sensei," Naruto said, he had decided that if his parents didn't want him, why should he be in their way?

"Okay then," Iruka continued,"Versus Haruno Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto. You get three minutes to plan. Begin!"

Both teams huddled up and began discussing. Sakura already had a plan and was explaining it to her teammates, namely Naruto, who had a hard time remembering everything.

"No Naruto! For the last time, we're not fighting the Hyuuga first!" Sakura said.

"Hold on Sakura-chan, I got this. Dog-boy first, white eyes last." Sasuke said, over-pronouncing the last part.

"Ohh! I got it! We're gonna gang up on the Hyuuga!" Naruto yelled as Sakura and Sasuke tried to shush him.

"Shut up Dobe. Could you have said that any louder?" Sasuke whisper-yelled. Naruto crossed his arms.

"Pfft, is that a challenge Teme? WE'RE GANGING UP ON THE HYUUGA!" Naruto yelled.

"Good job Dobe, now all of Konoha knows our plan, would you like to try for Suna next?" Sasuke said, hitting Naruto upside the head.

"You just had to egg him on?" Sakura said, annoyance visible on her face.

"It didn't matter, everyone heard him the first time anyway," Sasuke pointed out. Then Iruka came in and told them the three minutes were up. He then led the six to the arena and began counting down.

"Three,"

Suddenly a wide grin made its way onto Sakura's face.

"Two," She turned to Sasuke and Naruto and whispered.

"Naruto for once I have to thank you, stick to the plan guys. It'll still work."

"But how?" Naruto asked.

"One,"

"You'll see," Sakura replied

"Begin!"