Chapter 4 - When Sasuke Tries to Be a Trendsetter (And Fails)

"I thought I told you to stop bringing strange people into our house."

"Chill teme, at least now you're not the only one with weird hair 'ttebayo!"

"My hair isn't weird, its-"

"Stylish, it's really not teme."

"Hn, you're just jealous,"

"Like I'd be jealous of a number of hair products you use. If you stopped buying your goddamn hair gel we'd be able to pay for the Academy already!" After hearing this, Kakashi stepped in, not trusting the rickety floors to support the two boys if they started brawling.

"Naruto, that was low," Sasuke smirked at Naruto in victory, "Sasuke had found his fashion style, and you have to embrace it no matter how bizarre it may be."

"Hn," Sasuke glared at Kakashi, who completely ignored him and continued.

"You three want to join the Academy right?"

"That's right! We'll have enough money to join by the end of the year 'ttebayo!" Kakashi thought for a moment.

"What if I could get you in in two weeks?" The two boys looked at Kakashi with stars in their eyes.

"You'd actually do that?" Sasuke asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Hai," Kakashi confirmed.

"Yatta! Sakura-chan we're going to the Academy!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Kakashi-san, not that I'm complaining but how can you get us in?" Sakura, who had remained silent the whole time, asked while carrying four cups of instant ramen.

"You can apply for free with the recommendation of a Chunin or higher," Kakashi explained. Sakura nodded in response, handing one of the cups to Sasuke and the other three to Naruto.

"Two weeks you say?"

_________________________________

"Stupid, stupid, stupid," Sakura wasn't sure why she thought the Academy would be any different from the streets. As soon as the trio walked into the noisy classroom it was eerily quiet. Everyone froze what they were doing and stared or glared at the trio, to which Sakura rolled her eyes and dragged the two boys to the empty seats in the back of the classroom. As soon as their backs were to everyone the whispering started.

"Is it really them?"

"My mom says that they're all rejects,"

"The black haired one is cute though!"

"Shh! Don't say that! He was disowned by the Uchiha clan!"

"Blonde-haired freak"
"Why is the girl with them though?"

"They probably forced her," Sakura whipped around when she heard that. The pinkette lifted herself up onto a desk and glared at the other students.

"Do you have anything better to do than badmouthing others?" She asked, raising her voice. Nobody said anything in reply though. Even Naruto was silent, staring up at the irked pinkette.

"What's going on here?" A man asked. He had brown hair and a scar across his nose.

"Teme who's that?" Naruto whisper-yelled.

"It's the sensei, shh," Sasuke replied as he pulled Sakura off the desk and into her seat. The man introduced himself as Umino Iruka and started taking attendance.

"Aburame Shino,"

"Present,"

"Akimichi Chouji,"

"Here," And so on, Sakura didn't pay attention until Iruka asked.

"Is there anyone whose name I have not called?" Naruto shot up out of his seat.

"ME dattebayo! Uzumaki-Namikaze Naruto." Iruka furrowed his brows,

"Naruto, you're not on the list." Sakura stood up and quickly tried to explain everything.

"Iruka-sensei! We were recommended by Hatake Kakashi! I thought you were informed." Iruka thought for a moment, then his eyes lit up in understanding.

"Oh right! Here, let me write down your names. Uzumaki-Namikaze Naruto... Okay next,"

"Sasuke," Sasuke said.

"Last name?"

"Hn, none." He said, the slightest bit of pink visible on his cheeks.

"Okay then, next,"

"Ha-" Sakura stopped herself, she couldn't give out her actual last name. She looked around the room frantically for some idea for a surname "-amanaka, Hamanaka Sakura." The girl finished hoping that she sounded believable.

"Hamanaka-san, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Please come back when you decide to tell the truth." Sakura's eyes widened, was she that unconvincing. She stiffened when she felt everyone's eyes on her.

"Hamanaka-sa-"

"Haruno Sakura." She spat out. Iruka stared at Sakura, trying to tell whether she was lying again or not.

"Haruno you say?" Iruka asked, not believing in the slightest bit that Mebuki and Kizashi had had a child. Sakura gulped and nodded, suddenly finding it hard to breathe.

"Hai,"

"Very well, Haruno Sakura. Welcome to the Academy."

_________________________________________

If you enjoyed reading a chapter please consider voting for it!

Anyways thank you for reading!!   :D