Chapter 16

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!"

"You're sorry?" Lexi asks hurt, not expecting him to say this. Did he regret it?

"Yeah, of course!"

"You regret it?"

"What? No! Of course not! Why would I regret it?"

"Then why are you sorry?" Lexi asks confused and Lewis realizes she took what he said the complete wrong way.

"I'm not apologizing for what happened, I'm apologizing for the way it happened."

"What do you mean?"

"The fact that I was drunk and don't even really remember telling you all this or kissing you. Which I find really annoying cuz I missed our first kiss. But also that I just dropped it on you like that, without any warning."

"The kiss was good, just so you know."

"Damn it, why did I have to do that drunk," Lewis says, mostly to himself, which makes Lexi giggle a little.

"Just don't do it again."

"What, kiss you?" Lewis asks, looking at her a little shocked. He really wants to kiss her again and this time actually remember it. What if she doesn't want to?

"No, kiss me when you're drunk."

"I can live with that," Lewis says, now smiling at Lexi. Lexi smiles back at him, happy they talked about what happened and happy Lewis' feelings weren't just because he was drunk.

"Prepare for landing," a voice sounds over the intercom, letting them know they're almost home. Lexi and Lewis fasten their seatbelts and wait until the plane lands. Both of them want to go back to the topic of their kiss and their feelings, but neither of them knows how to. So they reach the airport in silence.

"Do you want a ride?" Lewis asks as they make their way through the airport.

"If you don't mind?"

"No of course not, you don't live that far from me anyway."

"Thank you."

"No problem," Lewis says, hoping they'll be able to talk some more in the car. But once again, they both avoid the topic they want to talk about so dearly and before they know it, they've reached Lexi's house.

"I guess I'll see you later," Lewis says as they drive into the street where Lexi lives.

"Yeah, I guess so," Lexi says, not knowing what else to say. The car pulls over and Lexi gets up. The driver helps them with her suitcase and Lexi waves at Lewis once more before going into her apartment building

"Idiot," Lewis murmurs to himself as he watches Lexi disappear inside. The driver heads to his apartment and the whole way there, Lewis tries to think of a way to make up for his drunken confessions. By the time he reaches his apartment, he has a perfect idea.

Lexi gets up from the couch when the doorbell rings. However, when she opens the door, no one is there. She looks around for a bit before looking down. To her surprise, there is a box sitting on the floor, her name written on it. Lexi picks up the box and goes inside, curious to see what's inside.

Lexi opens the box and finds a note lying on top of some colored, see-through paper. She picks up the cards and opens it, really curious now.

Wear me tonight, be ready by 7

As she reads the card, she knows it's from Lewis, which makes her blush. She hasn't talked to him since they got back from Spain a few days ago, so she assumed that he didn't want to do anything with what happened on the way back home. But does this mean they're going on a date tonight? It has to, what else could it mean? Lexi checks the time and sees she has some time before she needs to get ready, which is a bit of a relief, even if she doesn't have to pick out an outfit. Curiously, Lexi folds back the paper and she takes a beautiful dress out of the box. She gasps as she sees it, already in love with the dress, though it's not something she would normally wear. But since Lewis picked it, she makes an exception. Just for him.