Chapter 5

Rewritten 08/07/2019

After arriving in Bahrain, where Mercedes gave her a very nice hotel room for the time being, Lexi doesn't see or hear much of Lewis for a few days, which she's very happy about. It gives her time to think about everything that happened in China. From their first meeting to him calling her pretty on camera. She still has no idea why he answered the way he did and she even watched back the interview a few times to see his expression as he said it.

However, besides that moment and the smile in the garage, Lewis still doesn't seem to like her. And Lexi is determined to figure out what it is he seems to have against her besides the fact he doesn't trust her yet. Not trusting someone completely just yet doesn't mean you have to be rude whenever you interact with them.

After a peaceful morning, Lexi makes her way down to the pool of the hotel. The rest of the team arrived just shortly after her and today will be the last day they're all able to relax before the weekend really starts. As she expected, she finds some other team members down at the pool, including Maya. Lexi smiles when she sees her, making her way over to her and sitting down beside her.

"Hey," Lexi says happily, feeling like she hasn't really spoken to Maya in ages.

"Hey, how are you?" Maya asks, smiling at Lexi.

"Pretty good, enjoying the weather. How about you?"

"Yeah, same here. Very excited for the weekend."

"I can imagine, hopefully it'll be another good one."

"That would be great!" Maya says, a wide smile on her face. It's clear to Lexi how much she cares about her job and the team, along with everyone else on the team. Everyone is determined to become World Champion again this year, both in the constructors and driver's championship and it's inspiring to see.

"Also makes my job easier," Lexi says, making Maya chuckle.

"I've been wondering about that actually. How are you and Lewis?"

"Meh, could be better honestly. I hope this weekend will be better than last week."

"What happened?"

"Lewis basically completely ignored me whenever he could and I don't know why. Pascalle suggested it might be he doesn't trust me yet, which would make sense, but it doesn't explain it all."

"That doesn't sound like Lewis at all. He's usually quite talkative with team members, wanting everyone to feel like they're important to the team to make sure everyone is performing as best as possible."

"Not when it comes to me clearly," Lexi sighs, making Maya frown.

"I'm sure he'll come around. Maybe he was just in a bad mood?"

"After taking pole position and winning the race?"

"I heard after the race he was nice to you," Maya says, smirking at Lexi, making her roll her yes.

"You heard about that?"

"I think everyone on the team either saw it or heard about it. It's not every day Lewis calls someone pretty on TV, especially not like that."

"So it wasn't just me who noticed the way he said it?" Lexi asks, both relieved she's not alone in this and confused about why Lewis said it.

"Definitely not."

"Any idea why he would say it like that?"

"Your guess is as good as mine. If you really want to know, you'll have to ask him."