Chapter 13

"I've got some news," Lexi tells Lewis as they walk out of the Mercedes Factory together. It's been a long day as there was a lot to do before they leave for the Spanish GP tomorrow.

"What is it?"

"My dad will be coming back to work this GP weekend."

"Really? That's great!"

"Yeah, it really is. I'll still be doing most of the work for now, but I'm happy he's recovered enough to start working again."

"Yeah, I can imagine."

"It'll be a few more races until he can start full time again, but it's a start."

"Exactly," Lewis says as he suddenly realizes that if Lexi's dad comes back to work, Lexi won't be his PO anymore. Meaning he won't be seeing her as much anymore, if at all. 

"What's wrong?" Lexi asks, noticing a sudden change in Lewis' mood. 

"Nothing, just realized that when your dad comes back to work full time, we won't be working together anymore."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Better make the most of it then."

"Yeah, guess so," Lewis says as they reach Lexi's car.

"I'll see you tomorrow, okay? 1 pm at the airport."

"I'll be there," Lewis promises as he takes a step forward. They exchange a quick hug, something that has become a habit ever since their conversation in Monaco a little over a week ago.

"Byee," Lexi says as she gets into her car.

"See you tomorrow," Lewis replies before she closes her door. He watches as she drives off the parking lot, realizing he's not ready to not see her anymore. They've finally made up, he doesn't want to lose her already, or at all really. As they've spent more time together over the past week, Lewis feelings of Lexi have only grown, no matter how hard he tried. 

"Hey you," Lewis hears Lexi say, making him turn around. He smiles when he sees her, but his smile fades a bit when he sees her dad standing behind her. Right, he was coming along again this weekend.

"Hey Lexi, good to see you again Vince," Lewis says as he shakes Vince's hand.

"Good to see you again too. I hope you took good care of my daughter whilst I was gone," Vince replies and even though Lewis can tell he's joking, he looks down a bit embarrassed. 

"He was great dad," Lexi quickly says, making Lewis smile at her. 

"Great! Well, let's get going then, shall we?" Vince says.

"Let's," Lewis says and together they walk to the airplane, Vince walking just a bit behind Lexi and Lewis. 

"I hope this doesn't get weird," Lexi says softly so her dad doesn't hear.

"What?"

"That my dad is here. I know we have some history and I know my dad will want to know about it."

"Don't worry about it."

"I just don't want you to have a bad relationship with my dad because of me. So when he asks you how things went, just tell him everything went great. I've told him a bit about how things were, but not everything and he doesn't need to know," Lexi says, surprising Lewis.

"You're not talking about me, are you?" Vince says from behind them.

"Of course not dad," Lexi replies as she quickly smiles at him before looking at Lewis again. 

"If that's what you want," Lewis says and Lexi nods.

"You're my friend now and I don't want to ruin that," Lexi says and Lewis nods in agreement, though he wishes she saw him as more than that. Lexi goes to walk next to her dad to talk about some work-related stuff, leaving Lewis walking by himself, giving him some time to think. Think about Lexi, think about his relationship with her and think about the future. 

And he realizes that if he wants anything to happen, he needs to do something and quick. He can't lose her. 

"Ah, sunny Spain," Vince says as he walks out of the airport, followed by Lexi and Lewis. 

"As long as it stays this sunny the entire weekend," Lewis says, making Lexi chuckle.

"As long as you keep it clean, I don't care about the weather," Lexi replies, making Lewis chuckle as well. The three of them walk to a car that's waiting for them. Vince gets in the passenger seat whilst Lexi and Lewis get in the back. In the review mirror, Vince can see Lewis and Lexi and realizes their relationship is not strictly professional anymore. He makes a mental note to talk to Lewis about it later as he doesn't want his little girl to get hurt. 

"So, what's the plan?" Lewis asks Lexi, who takes out her work phone. 

"Well, interviews tomorrow as usual. You are in the 2nd driver's press conference with Max and Marcus later that day and after that more interviews."

"Sounds good."

"Anything else?" Lexi asks as she looks at Lewis.

"Nope, nothing. We'll discuss the rest of the weekend as it comes."

"Alright," Lexi says as she puts away her phone. The drive to the hotel isn't much longer and soon enough, the car pulls over. The three of them get out and go inside.

"I'll go check in," Lexi says before walking to the front desk.

"Lewis, can I talk to you for a moment?" Vince asks once Lexi is out of hearing distance.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?"

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have feelings for Lexi?"

"Yeah, I do," Lewis admits as he looks down, not knowing how Vince will react.

"I see," Vince says, making Lewis look up.

"You're not mad?"

"You can't help who you grow feelings for, right?"

"No, I guess not."

"So why would I be mad because of that."

"I don't know, not everyone would react that way because we work together."

"Has anything romantic happened between the two of you?"

"No, we're just friends."

"Then it's not a problem."

"Alright, thank you," Lewis says as he smiles at Vince. Vince quickly looks over to Lexi to see if she's coming back already.

"I do want to ask you to be careful."

"Careful?" Lewis asks confused. 

"Yes, with Lexi, with her feelings. And be patient with her. She's been through a lot, you know. Don't start something if you don't intend on sticking with her," Vince tells him and Lewis nods. 

"I understand. Don't worry, I would never hurt Lexi."

A bit of an inbetweener, but interesting stuff coming soon ;) Tell me your thoughts in the comments! What do you think will happen next?