APOLOGIES AND KOMBI VANS|CHAPTER 44

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, no I think that should be ok I guess." I feebly swallow and let the idea of travelling back to America where the incident happened set in. I'm gonna have to face that.

"You won't be alone, Joe will go with you, he's the one with the beard kinda, he went overseas for a while but he's back now. He's the one you were 'temporarily' replacing." I nod along to Dad's words but I don't really give a fuck to his explanation.

"Yeah, I know I won't be alone." I close my eyes briefly. "Can I go home Dad?" I sigh, feeling shitty and exhausted. I think he's right. I need to go to college, act like a kid instead of being so mature. I grew up too fast. That's no lie but that's also no excuse for cheating on Brad.

"No sweetheart I'm sorry you're gonna need to see the boys this morning to organize Playlist live. Give out schedules and measurements and such." He looks empathetically at me.

"Ok, well I'll speak to you later, love you." I stand up and swiftly kiss his cheek over his desk.

I legitimately feel nervous to be in there today. I bet he's told the boys. I bet everyone knows and they all hate me. I don't think I can live with the knowledge that Tris hates me. And James and Con, Con is Rae's boyfriend, that's so awkward.

I push my pestering thoughts to the side and walk to reception, asking the ugly blonde who was filling in for Rae today for any new files for TV879 (The Vamps' code). In return she hands over a thick file. Great. This is a lot to organize. As I walk to their room I start flicking through the file. Passports, working visa's, hotel, equipment, in-ear monitors need to be fitted, wardrobe, hair, make up, van oh my god.

I'm still looking down at the file when I push the heavy door open and everyone falls silent in the room. All four boys are standing there plus one. He's tall and has mild stubble, he looks a little rough.

"You must be Dave's daught, Clarise. I'm Joe" He steps forward and offers a hand to me. I reluctantly shake it, not bothering to correct my name.

"Lovely to meet you, we should all sit down, we have a shit ton to do and the pile is only getting bigger." I almost whisper. My face is deadpan, I'm remaining professional and serious although I can feel Brad's eyes boring into my back as I walk as confidently as I can to the table.

"It's just Chloe" I hear him whisper behind me. I pull the seat out and Joe sits next to me whilst the other boys gather around.

"Oh sorry Chloe, didn't know that's what you liked to be called." Joe corrected himself. He clearly wasn't in on this. Great how awkward is this?

"No, no that's ok you can call me Clarise or Chloe I don't mind." I try and muster a sweet tone. "Uh, anyway we have a lot to do, I'll give you a copy of this stuff but we need to discuss some things." I say, sliding the manilla folder to Joe.

"Wow, that's a thick file." Tris mumbles, his eyes wide.

"Yeah it sure is. First things first is passports. Whose passport is going to expire soon? Does everyone have one?" I say, looking down at my laptop, ready to write notes on what was needed.

"Nah I don't have one, it expired last year. Con doesn't have one either." Brad answers icily.

"Um, righto, I will need you to organise that within the next few days, we're all going to have to go to the embassy as well to collect working visas because technically you are working as you'll receive royalties for what performances you do." I start typing down what is needed.

"Ok how do we do that?" James leans forward on his chair, sounding concerned.

"We'll have to take a day trip to the embassy, all of us." Joe steps in to reply before I can.