18| First Date In Forever

"Tell me something about yourself," Ben said as we walked across a wooden bridge to get to the mysterious location our date would take place.

  "You gotta be more specific." I told him as I stopped to look over the top railing, he walked up next to me.

  He thought for a second, "Like you're middle name?"

  I raised an eyebrow at him, but answered, "It's Virgil."

  "Hadey Virgil?" Ben tried it out on his tongue in a deep voice, causing me to chuckle, "That's...unique."

  I shrugged, "It's bad, I know, that's kind of the point."

  "Mine's Florian." Ben said as we continued walking across the bridge.

  I glanced over my shoulder at him, "Not as predictable as the rest of you."

  Ben chuckled, "Now, really. Tell me a fun fact about you."

  I racked my brain for a minute, thinking, "Uh, I hate carrots."

  The prince clapped his hands together, "That's something. What about carrot cake?"

  I shrugged, we didn't have a lot of desserts on the Isle, "I've never had it."

Ben's steps before me stopped, and I turned around to see him staring at me, shocked, "How have you never had carrot cake?" He asked, causing me to roll my eyes, "Ok, next date, we are getting you carrot cake."

  "Oh, so there's going to be a next date?" I teased, though I kind of wanted the answer. This wasn't too bad, I might not be opposed to going on another one in the future if I had to.

  Ben blushed, running his fingers through his brown locks, "What can I say? I'm optimistic."

   I hummed, reaching the end of the bridge only for Ben to grab my hand, stopping me from going any further.

  "Wait." He called, "Close your eyes."

  I crossed my arms, "What? Why?"

"It's a surprise!" He whined, sticking out his bottom lip like Dude when he wanted food, "Please?"

A sigh left my mouth as I obeyed, closing my eyes, "Fine."

  I felt Ben place his hands on my shoulder as he lead me around, "Alright, just one more step. And now...open."

  My eyes opened to see a small picnic set up on a old gazebo surrounded by a lake, it was beautiful.

  "Well," Ben chimed in from behind me, his hands still on my shoulders, "What do you think?"

  My eyes scanned across the food laid out, "I think that it's time to eat."

  After Ben and I had made our way down and onto a little blue blanket, I had already eaten half of a piece of bread filled with jam.

  "Is this your first time?" Ben asked from across me, and I swallowed the piece of food I was chewing.

  "Dating isn't really a thing back home, but I did have this on-and-off thing with one of Gaston's sons."

  Ben's eyes widened and he scoffed playfully, "Wait. You dated one of Gaston's kids?"

  I smirked, nodding, "Yeah. But don't worry Pretty Boy, there wasn't a lot of there, there."