06| Mission Impossible

We ran up to a large stone building, with the Auradon colors blue and yellow all around it. I peeked my head through the window of the main doors, to see Maleficent's spinning wheel right in the middle.

"This has to be it." I told the group, nodding to the wheel inside.

Jay stifled a laugh with Carlos when he caught sight of the wheel, "That was your mom's?"

Mal frowned as Carlos added in, "It looks really dorky."

The purple-haired girl only huffed, "It's magic, it doesn't need to look scary."

We all ducked as the guard at the desk cast a glance towards the door.

Evie turned to me, "So what do we do about him?"

I cast a glance at Mal who was already flipping through her spell book, "Magic spindle do not linger, make my victim hurt a finger."

My eyes trained in on the guard, who only cast a glance at the spinning wheel, not making a move towards it. Mal sighed in annoyance.

Jay rolled his eyes, "Impressive."

Carlos played along, "I got chills."

Mal ignored them, looking through her book, "Prick the finger, prick it deep, send my enemy off to sleep."

The security guard then rose from his seat, the five of us immediately ducking down, slowly looking up to see the guard prick his finger. It actually worked!

We then watched as the guard yawned and stretched out on a pedestal falling into a deep sleep.

Mal and I fist-bumped in victory, and Mal tried the door to find it locked.

Jay backed, cracking his knuckles, "I got this."

Mal, flipped through the pages before finding a spell that could get the door open, "Make it easy, make it quick, open up without a kick." She then tried the door again, this time opening it, just as Jay ran to try and kick it down, causing him to land on the floor.

We laughed walking past the boy on the ground, Carlos trying to help him up.

Evie looked at her mirror for directions, leading us up a flight of stairs, "Come on guys, we're almost there!"

My focus returned to the task at hand only when I ran into Mal's back, who had stopped and was no looking shocked at something.

There in the room stood all our parents. It took me a second to realize that they weren't real, just figures.

I glanced at the sigh by the door that read: Hall of Villains.

My eyes then went to where my father's figure stood next to Maleficent's, the souls of the underworld surrounding him. I didn't like this.

I backed up slowly, accidentally bumping into Evie, who looked away from her mother's figure to steady me.

"Well," Jay mumbled, looking down at the floor before up at the rest of us, "the wands not here, let's bounce."

Carlos, who was white as a sheet, nodded quickly before following Jay out, Mal and Evie not far behind.

I lingered for a moment, my father's statue stared down at me, as though it was talking to me, Get the wand kid, and wreck everyone in your path.

"Hadey," Mal called from the door, causing me to turn around and look at her, her green eyes warily watching her own mother's statue, "Come on, we gotta find the wand."

I nodded, glancing at my father's statue one last time before running after her into the hallway where we met up with the rest of the group.

"There!" Evie pointed to a doorway, where in the center was a bright blue beam, as we ran closer we realized that the wand was floating inside of it.

"We found it!" I exclaimed as Evie gave me a high-five, now all we had to was grab it and get back home.

Jay smirked at us, running down the stairs and closer to the wand, I was hot on his heels.

Once we reached the bottom, the wand was only an arm's length away, a smile spread across my face.

"Jay, don't!" I followed Mal's gaze to see the boy ducking under the barrier, reaching out to grab the wand, but being sent flying backwards into the wall!

As soon as Jay touched the force field a loud siren went off, completely running our plan to be subtle.

"A magic force field and a siren?" Carlos screamed over the noise as I held my ears.

"That's a little excessive!" Jay shouted from where he lay on the floor, Mal quickly pulled him up.

I nodded my head towards the door, "Come on, we gotta go!"

We all ran through the doorway, trying desperately to remember the way we came. I glanced back to see the guard who had been formerly sleeping a floor above us.

"Move, move!" Mal pushed as we made our way into the main entrance and out the door, Carlos falling behind, "Carlos! Come on!"

He ran out after us, he had somehow gotten the sirens to stop screeching.

"Great job, Jay!" Mal told the taller boy with an annoyed tone, "Now we have to go to school tomorrow!"