15| The Big Game

I stood in the bleachers during the tourney game, everyone was screaming and cheering, this was in no way my scene.

"This is dumb." I muttered, fiddling with the zippers on my pants.

Evie pursed her lips slightly, her eyes running over the field, "Oh shh, we're here to support Jay and Carlos."

I scoffed lightly, pointing to the two boys who sat on the the bench, "You mean the two who haven't played yet?" Evie rolled her eyes.

Mal nudged me lightly with her shoulder, "We're also here to keep an eye on Beast Jr., I'm not sure what the full effects of the spell are, and we don't want him to get too crazy."

  My eyes traveled to Ben as he ran on the field, after the whole singing-in-the-hall-accident Ben wouldn't leave me alone. Jay and Carlos had to literally drag him away to go get ready for the game.

  "Oh my god." Lonnie said from next to me in her yellow and blue attire, "They're finally putting Jay on the field!" She cheered.

  I looked down to see that Jay was in fact walking onto the field...and he was pulling someone onto the field behind him?

   "Is that..." Evie trailed off and Mal nodded from next to her.

   "Carlos."

The girls and I exchanged a look, this was bound to be interesting.

  We watched as the round started, Jay passing the ball long distance. When someone from another team tried to shoot, Carlos blocked it, and started dancing on the field.

  I laughed as I cheered him on, "Nice moves, Carlos!"

  We watched as Jay made it through the kill zone, dodging other players rapidly, he shot at the net, only to be blocked. We all moaned in defeat.

  "Twenty-three seconds left." The announcer's voice boomed across the stadium, "You could cut the tension with a sword!"

   I stood up as Jay caught the ball, Carlos blocking only to be knocked down. Jay then picked him up, and together they made it through the kill zone with Carlos blocking and Jay maneuvering them through.

   Carlos ducked down, along Jay to jump over to him, passing the ball to Ben? Did Jay really just pass up on the opportunity to make the winning shot?

  I pushed the thought aside and I soon found myself cheering as Ben scored! Allowing, Auradon Prep to win the game.

  Lonnie and Evie jumped up and down, while Mal covered her ears. I smirked, clapping lightly.

  "Here they come, folks! The winning team-" The announcer was cut off by Ben grabbing the mic from him.

  "Excuse me everyone, can I have your attention please?" My eyes widened and everyone stopped cheering to focus on Ben, "There's something I'd like to say."

  We all looked at him expectedly as he jumped up onto the cannon, "Give me an, H!"

  "H!"

  "Give me an, A!"

    "A!"

  What was he doing? Mal traded an amused glance with me.