20| Plotting

"Okay," Mal said as we all stood around the table in Jay and Carlos' room, she pointed to her drawing of the wand, "We all know what this looks like. So it'll be up on the dais under the Beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here." She pointed towards the main door on the castle blueprints.

   "Hadey," She looked over at me, "Will be in the very front. And the rest of us will be up on the balcony."

  Evie nodded, her hands on her hips, "Okay."

  "Carlos?" Mal turned to the boy, nodding at him to tell his part of the plan.

  He looked down at the map, "Okay, so I'll find our limo so we can break the barrier, and uh get back on the island with the wand."

  I looked around the table, none of us really seemed enthusiastic about the plan anymore.

  Mal hummed, "Perfect. Evie?" She turned to her girlfriend, producing a perfume bottle filled with a sleeping potion, "You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he will be out like a light."

  Evie nodded, tucking it in her purse as the boys turned away. I sat down at the table, my hands in my hair as I felt something slid over to me.

  I looked up to see the spellbook open to a page titled: How to Reverse A Love Spell. I looked up at Mal who had a sympathetic smile on her face, she knew.

  Evie must have noticed to because she turned to me, "You want to break Ben's love spell?"

    I nodded, "Yeah, I mean once we get the wand and free everyone on the Isle and they come and imprison everyone, loot, and take revenge by destroying everything good and beautiful. I don't really need Ben following me around like a love-sick puppy, right?"

  No one answered, they all stared at me. They knew that wasn't the real reason, of course they did.

  I stood up, the book in hand, "I'm just gonna go, whip this up, and I'll uh, I'll see you guys later." I then turned on my heel, walking out the door.

    Later, I stood in the kitchens. Thinking back on all the fun I've had while in Auradon, the people I've met, hanging out with the VK's, watching the tourney games, and...Ben.

   I stopped stirring the batter, setting it on the table.

   I didn't want to say goodbye.

  As I went to wipe away the tears that had escaped my eyes, one fell into the batter.

   The recipe was complete.

   And my time at Auradon was almost over.