Chapter 16

"Happy Birthday Kara," It was Quinn, she haven't talked to me since the party, so it was surprising seeing her. I did pick up that she wasn't looking at me when she said it, though, she was looking directly at Bells.

"Thanks, Quinn" I said as I felt someone staring at me... actually, two people. Isabelle was already in Grace's room when Quinn came up to me, the other person was Grace, which I found kind of cute.

"Are you and Quinn close?" Isabelle asked.

"Uhm, no, I've only talked to her like...three times" I said, "Why?"

"N-nothing, just curious" Isabelle said. She then changed the topic, whispering "So you talked to Grace about everything?"

"Yeah, she said she could ask her mom to talk to my mom" I said.

"Perfect"

"Parker!" Charlie pulled me over before I left third period math.

"What's up?" I said.

"Has Issa been weird to you recently as well or is it just me?" She said. I wasn't sure what she was referring to, she didn't know what happened between Bells and I after the party either.

"Uhm, care to elaborate?" I said.

"Well she checks her phone, a lot, and she does these weird smiles, urh" She pretended to shiver and gag.

It was true, even this morning Isabelle checked her phone a lot, she usually doesn't stay on her phone for too long. "I didn't really pick up on anything..." I lied.

"Oh, well, I think something is up" Charlie said, "I gotta run to English, I'll see you?"

"Yup" I nodded and made my way to Grace's room, for biology tutoring of course.

"Knock knock Ms.Lewis." I joked as I walked in Grace's room.

"Kara" She smiled. I'd spend another five minutes just staring and talking about how amazing and gorgeous she is today, everyday, but I had a biology test the week after and I was determined not to fail.

"okay test! review! I got this!" I said, holding my fist up.

She chuckled, "here are some practice problems, ask me if there's anything you don't know about"

She sat in front of my usual seat with her laptop. Usually she sat next to me and was always focused on what I was doing, so naturally I felt a little sad. "Are you busy today?" I asked.

"hmm..? oh, yeah I just have this thing I need to get done by the end of the day for Mr.Fredericks." She said, not looking up from her laptop.

I didn't ask what the 'thing' was, assuming I wasn't going to understand anyway. I continued with my biology problems on protein synthesis for the next hour, occasionally asking her to clarify things I didn't understand.

It was probably five minutes before four when she finally looked up from her laptop, saying "It's done! I'm so excited"

I found it weird that she said she was excited about finishing some work, but went with it anyway.

"What time does your mom usually get home?" Grace asked.

"Around five" I said.

"if we go now you can get home and take the things you need without it being awkward, let's go!" She smiled, I had forgotten about my mom the past hour, this quickly reminded me of it. Also that I'm going to be staying with Grace for a while.

"Thank you," I said, "really."

"Don't thank me, its a good deal for me, too," She said, "I can make sure you're safe and spend time with you."

My face was probably red, not probably, I was certain about it. "L-lets go."

"Okay kid." She patted my head.

"I'm not a kid." I protested.

"Yes you are."

"Grace," I said to her, fairly seriously, "I don't want you to think I'm a kid."

"Okay." She agreed, although I'm not sure she truly believes in that.

She dropped me off at Isabelle's, we were celebrating at her place.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARA!" Isabelle, Mia, and Charlie greeted me at the door.

"Thanks, guys" I smiled.

We decided to have an alcohol free day today, I was feeling more movies and ice cream.

We each had a huge tub of ice cream and decided to watch crappy movies non-stop, until we passed out, of course.

We had a good time together, Isabelle and I would tell Charlie and Mia about our childhood days while the two of them told me about Isabelle's embarrassing early high school days. It was just the four of us, nothing to worry and nothing bothering us.

My mind drifted mid conversation. I thought about Grace and class today. How I probably didn't register anything Grace had taught. How she'll probably have to teach me the whole lesson again in a few days. Most important of all, how it was odd that Quinn knew when my birthday was, a why Bells asked if I was close with Quinn, almost jealous.

It clicked.

"Bells." I called in the middle of our third(fourth?) crappy movie.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"Are you and Quinn, a thing?" I didn't know how else to ask.

"Shit Parker, you're a genius" Charlie's eyes widened, I'm not exactly sure how it never occurred to her, but I guess I had an advantage for having both of them in Biology.

"N-no." Isabelle said, "what made you say that?"

"Issa, look us in the eyes and repeat what you just said." Mia joined Charlie and I in forcing Isabelle to tell us the truth.

"O-okay, we may have...uhm...hooked up and starting talking a lot." It all made sense.

"So...you're gay?" Mia asked, I didn't know she wasn't informed on it.

"Y-yeah" Isabelle said.

"Welp, thats 75% of us." Charlie concluded, we all laughed. It was a good night.

-

Once again, thank you guys for the support. This chapter is not exactly edited or checked but I hope it makes up for the wait. I plan to edit this story as a whole once I'm done with it in a bit :)

Cruz.