Chapter 10

The next day I woke up pretty early. I mean, I didn't exactly sleep. I spent the whole night thinking about how Grace's kiss felt. I came up with a trillion reasons why she did it yet none of them made sense. 

I even thought to call Grace and ask her, but what if it didn't mean anything to her?

Was I even sure I liked her?

I couldn't sleep, so I figured I would stop by Charlie's to pick her up. I promised I'd tell her what I've been up to anyway. I texted her telling her I was coming and made my way out.

"Hey Parker!" Charlie said. She wore a hoodie that said 'rather be home' today with ripped jeans, they suit her really well.

"Hey Charlie" I said.

"Woah, you alright?" She asked.

"Yeah I am, why?" I asked.

"You look like you haven't slept in days." She pointed out the eye bags under my glasses.

"Well, it makes sense, I didn't sleep last night" I admitted.

"Is this about the thing you want to tell me?"

"Yeah, yeah it is." I said, I waited for a respond but she just nodded.

I was going to go on, but I immediately remembered how bad this was.

Charlie liked me. She liked me but understood I didn't want a relationship. Yet here I was telling her about someone I might want to be in a relationship with.

Oh Kara Parker you're real messed up.

"Go on," She said, sensing that I didn't want to continue.

"I'm sorry" I said, feeling guilty, "I didn't think this through, I'm sorry"

"This is about a girl isn't it?" She asked.

"I-I..I'm sorry"

"Parker," She sighed, "It's okay, I get it."

"I-I still can't just-"

"Parker," She cut me off, "I'm still your friend, you can tell me if something is bothering you"

"I get it, I just" I felt so bad that I haven't thought this through.

She leaned forward and tucked my hair behind my ears, then she put her hand on my shoulder. "Tell me about it later, alright?"

"S-sure" I said, I decided to focus on driving.

"Anyway, Ms.Lewis is actually super cool like you said" Charlie said, trying to make me feel better I guess. "Who knew high school teachers could be pretty and interesting"

"Yeah, Grace, she's a pretty good teacher" I wondered what Charlie would think if she knew the girl I spent all night thinking about was Grace.

Homeroom was unavoidable, not that I was trying to avoid it, but I had no clue how to interact with Grace. We walked into Grace's room and were the first ones there. Grace was putting up some posters as decoration and asked us for help. We agreed to help.

"Well you look tired" Grace said to me.

Before I could make up a lie about doing homework, Charlie answered it for me. "She was up all night worrying about some girl," She teased.

Grace probably knew it was because of her, because she let out a laughter. I felt so embarrassed that I just stayed quiet.

"Well, we're done here, you two can go back to your seat now," Grace said.