Chapter 13

"Hey," I said after knocking on and opening Grace's door.

"Oh, hey, let's go" She said, "Did you drive?"

I did drive, but I didn't want to not spend time with Grace, so I lied, "No, I didn't"

On the way to Grace's house we didn't talk to each other, I had to much on my mind to be small talking. I was thinking about what to do with Isabelle and what to say to Grace and what to ask Grace all at once, and I had no answer to any of the problems I had.

I could feel Grace glancing over to check on me a few times, I wasn't sure if I should tell her what happened with Isabelle.

We stopped on the way to buy dinner and got to her house pretty soon. She put on a movie after we got settled in. We weren't originally going to watch one but in order to start a conversation with me she asked if i've ever watch the movie If Only, I replied no.

"Wait, you've gotta be kidding" She said.

"No, I haven't watched it before" I put my hands out and tilted my head.

"Okay well we're gonna watch it now," She insisted.

I had no problem with it. The movie wasn't really that interesting the first twenty minutes or so, but then the couple had a fight or argument or whatever you call it.

The leading actress got on a taxi. I had a bad feeling about it, I wasn't sure why.

Until the car crashed. I couldn't react except freeze.

"No, no, no" I kept mumbling, "No, no, no."

"Hey, you okay?" Grace noticed my odd reaction.

"No, no, no" It was all I could say, the scene triggered an experience I hid away and ignored.

All I could think of was the day the accident happened.

Dad was driving towards mom and I to take us home, I waved at him while holding the bags that held my new shoes. Dad stopped the car on the side of the street and I walked towards the car. Before I reached the car, a truck that didn't stop for the red light crashed into him. He was gone.

"Hey, hey, I'm here" Grace said, after she turned off the TV, "It's okay, you're okay"

She held me in her arms tightly, placing my head on her shoulder. I kept shaking and shaking. I realised that I did the wrong thing, trying to pretend something didn't happen won't reverse it. I calmed myself after a while, still hold on to the corner of grace's shirt.

"I-I'm sorry" I said to her.

"It's okay," She smiled, "Feeling better?"

"Y-Yeah, thanks" I smiled back, "I needed that"

"I know you did" She said, leaning in, she kissed me again. This time the same as the last, lightly and quickly.

I looked up at her, leaning forward to continue the kiss. She held my face with both hands and kissed me back.

The kiss didn't last very long.

I pulled away soon, I wanted to tell her about Isabelle first. No matter how she felt, it wasn't fair if she didn't know. I cared about how she felt, because this isn't some random chick, I liked her a lot. If I wasn't sure before, I was now.

"I-I can't" I said to her, "I have to te-"

"Kara," She cut me off, "There are a million reasons why I shouldn't like you, but I really do."

She misunderstood me, I wanted to tell her about Isabelle and be honest with her but she took it as me not understanding her feelings, which is true. I was happy that she'd finally tell me how she felt, but at the same time I needed to tell her what happened.