Chapter 11

It was two forty in the afternoon, I was supposed to spend free period in the library, but I decided that I'd come talk to Grace, Isabelle was coming with me. Well, she was going to stay outside. As we walked down the hall I became more anxious. What was I going to say? How should I say it?

First I tried to take my mind off the topic, I mean, if I kept thinking about being nervous surely it would just make me more nervous. So I looked around at all the things I could possibly talk about. I tried to talk to Isabelle, too. I probably said things like "Hey, the paintings on the wall looks nice" even though its been two weeks since school started. Isabelle was probably confused and concerned, but she went with it anyway.

Half way in the way I decided I should just shut up. I wasn't really making any sense and I could see from Isabelle's face that she wasn't sure what to say to me. So I started thinking about what I was going to say to Grace. I knew I wanted to know what the kiss had meant, but it would be so weird to barge in and say "Hey so why'd you kiss me?", although, it's probably also the better way of doing it.

The school was big and walking from on building to another took time, which gave me time to think. I've never done anything like this before. With Rebecca, we just hooked up and mutually decided to go out. There was no confession, it's probably pretty obviously I'm not the best at talking to anyone in any way. My heart was beating so fast, I can almost feel it jumping out of my mouth.

When we got to Grace's door, I've finally built up my confidence. I was going to get this over with. When I reached for the door knob, I heard a voice, Grace's voice, speak.

"I'm so glad you're back, Emma, I've missed you so much" Grace said.

Who's Emma?

The name rang a bell, but I couldn't remember who. Was it Grace's ex-girlfriend? I don't even know.

"I've missed you too, I love you so much Grace" I'm guessing 'Emma' said.

I turned to look at Isabelle, not knowing what to do.

Am I about to intrude some ex-girlfriend reunion?

Isabelle just looked at me with no emotion. I decided to open the door anyway. The scene looked exactly like the night at hunt. I only saw the back of Grace, but it couldn't be anything other than a kiss. They kissed. The door was now fully open and Grace immediately turned around, she saw me, her face had shock written all over it. I turned to look at Isabelle again and ran off. I hated every second of that. It's funny, now I know why I hated seeing Grace kiss Ms.Wild so much. I was jealous.

I ran to my car and Isabelle followed me. I couldn't think about anything else but to drive off. I saw Grace run over, too, but I didn't want any explanation. It would break my heart even more.

"Kara," Bells said when we got to her house, I didn't want to go home, and this was the only place I could go.

"I'm okay" I lied.

"You're a bad liar," She said, "I'm so sorry."

I knew she felt guilty. She encouraged me to do it.

"It's okay, Bells" I sighed, "I should've known this wasn't a good idea."

She sighed, too.

"Still partying tonight, though" I said, trying to cheer her up, "To celebrate your newly queer self."

"We're getting fucking wasted" Isabelle said, "You better not chicken out"

"Course not." I forced a smile and turned off my phone, I had a few missed calls from Grace, but I didn't care. Drinking away the pain wasn't the wisest choice on a school night, but it was my only option.

I texted Charlie and told her our plans for tonight, telling her not to be late. Charlie responded by volunteering to be the DD again. Isabelle and I agreed. Mia couldn't make it, Isabelle said she's not allowed to party on weekdays.

When we arrived at the party, I immediately saw Quinn and Tyson, they waved and yelled for us to go over. Isabelle, Charlie and I walked towards them, Quinn and Charlie stared at each other, but I wasn't in the mood to be nosy.

"I'm glad you made it, Kara" Quinn said to me.

"Well I can't say no to a party." I said.

"What do you want, Quinn?" Charlie stepped between Quinn and I said.

"Definitely not you," Quinn shot back.

I wasn't up for whatever the drama was about, so I made my way to the kitchen and got some drinks. Isabelle followed me and joined me. I was too desperate to get drunk that I didn't even pay attention to what I was drinking.

The rest of the night was a blur. I remember alcohol and alcohol and alcohol. At some point someone throwing up all over the place, so we left and got some tacos. Charlie took Isabelle and I back to my house. We had to be quiet and not wake my mom which was real hard.

Other than those, I remember nothing. Or at least until I woke up the next morning naked and without Isabelle in my bed.