A Page Turns

"So, how did you find me?"

"I was passing through Richmond, there was a group. They are getting put towards an execution. I helped a few escape and they are in hiding."

"Oh shit, Clem. So why are you here again?"

"Cause our organisation has had some problems. Rangers have gone missing throughout the country. Since you are the most effective, I've been tasked with protecting you until then."

"Ok, well fuck. We need to go back there to get Clementine."

"No, it's too risky, tell me what she looks like and I will have a couple of men sneak her out"

"No, I can't risk losing her. I won't rest until she is safe. So i'm going there whether you like it or not"

 "Fine, I'll come with you. We can sneak around the back of Richmond, there is an old sewer entrance that you can use. Get your things together, we can leave in a minute. I'll tell my group in Richmond that you are coming and to get a car in case shit goes south."

"Who's in your team?"

 "It's a small group but they are trustworthy. There is Knight who is a master in close combat, he has some skill with a blade. Sera Kingston as well, she is our markswoman in a sense. And there is Scar, he is very quiet but the best scout man we have believe it or not. They are the best I have trained. If I'm right in thinking, they are both your age as well, Scar is a kinda unknown figure to us so I hired him on as a mercenary which he didn't complain about."

"Oh... Well. Cool, can't wait to see them."

 "Previously in Richmond, I got your group to a safe house. It belonged to that mans brother, what was his name? Ah, Javi. I've told both my people to meet us there."

"Very well. Kenny, come on we're leaving."

 Timeskip

It didn't take long to get back out onto the road.

We spent another day or so travelling until we finally came to the sewer entrance.

We got through it perfectly fine, I don't think my nose did though.

It stunk high heaven.

We got into the main city square and snuck our way to the front entrance of this house that he mentioned.

"Right, I sent one of my contacts, Ava to the armoury. She should be here any moment. I'll come in with you and we can sort a plan to get your group out. There is an old cabin just south of Richmond so if anything happens then meet there. Also give me your walkie, I'll upload my walkies frequency so we can talk."

 I quietly handed him the walkie and after a minute, we entered the building.

I was surprisingly nervous, I haven't seen her in a while and I was worried what she would think of me.

I knocked on the door that had sound emanating from behind it.

Waiting for a small while, the door opened.

There stood a familiar figure that I had longed to see for so long.

"Clem."

 Special thanks to all the people included. I won't list as that will be longer but you know who you are. Right thank you all folks this is the end of my first book. I'm surprised it went so well as I started this during my GCSE's as a stress relief thing, I had no idea people would like this. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart and please tell me if I can do anything in the other book. Ideas and advice. For a final time on this book. Enjoy, and stay frosty my dudes.