Repercussions

READER POV

I woke up to see...

Oh, wait, shit...

I can't see...

So let me rephrase that...

The warm embrace of darkness woke me, I wasn't unconscious because I felt a pair of arms around me as I woke. I must have been Clem cause I felt a light kiss on my cheek. I heard her sweet voice.

"Hey Y/N."

"Hey, Clem."

"So what you wanna do today?"

"That's up to you cause I can't see."

"Oh don't be like that, I'll be back. I'm going to plan some stuff for you."

"Like what Clem, be real here. It's the apocalypse. We aren't exactly going to find a restaurant in winter, especially with me being blind."

"Still, I'll figure something out."

"Alright then."

There was an air of silence in the room as I stared at the ceiling. I felt the bed deepen a bit as an arm wrapped itself around my body.

"Why so glum?"

"Not glum, just... thinking."

"About what?"

"About life, about me being blind and about you."

I felt a small peck on my cheek as she said.

"Aw, I love you."

"I love you too."

"Let's sleep for a bit longer."

"Alright."

I awoke again, the darkness greeting me again.

"Fucking blind bullshit."

It took a little while for me to realise that I said that out loud. Clementine then sat on top of me and must have looked down on me cause I felt her breath against my cheeks.

"You'll get better."

"Maybe."

She then pinched my cheeks and pulled them outwards, forcing a grin upon my face.

"Smile... God, I feel bad for you. I'm going to go and check on something with Javi, I'll be back in a bit."

"Don't take too long."

I heard the door open and close as footsteps went down the corridor. I sat up on the bed and stretched as the door opened and closed again.

"Well, we have hot water. I'll lead you to the sink, we have one in the bathroom."

I felt her gentle hands wrap around mine and gently tug me towards what must have been the bathroom cause I nudged the door frame.
"Hey, watch it clumsy."

I laughed at this, she hasn't lost her sense of humour. She then placed my hand onto a cold and smooth surface, my hands were then placed onto what felt like taps.

"Ok, left one is cold, the right one is hot."

"Well, I know that... Make me feel blinder, the cheek."

I let out a huff and laughed, she did too as she kissed me on the cheeks.

"Well, you wash your face. I'll get ready."