Preparations

Y/N POV

I was busy washing my body when I felt a strange touch towards my back. It traced over the scars that I recognised. I turned my head to the person who was doing it... And it was Clementine, who had walked in.

WAIT WHAT?

"Erm Clementine, what are you doing?"

"I just came to check on you. Where the hell did you get these scars?"

"I've also done a lot to get to you and make sure you were safe. One time I intercepted the Russians when they were going after you..."

Her eyes widened.

"Arvo's group?"

"Yeah, a few days were spent with me taking a beating from each member. Hardly given anything to eat except for their left overs."

She quickly hugged me from behind, clearly feeling pity for me.

"I've never really been in love before."

"Neither have I, don't worry though. We'll cross the bridge when it comes."

"Right well, I'll be in the other room so don't be too late."

CLEMENTINE POV

Y/N came into the room and looked at the washing machine, he put them into a tumble dryer. He walked over and lay next to me on the bed. I cuddled up to him and kissed him on the cheek,

"So Y/N, I'm being kicked out with Javier and his group. We could use some extra firepower and could you come with please?"

"Right... well you're going to need weapons. Do whatever you got to do but fill me in with the walkie talkie. I'll see whether or not I can grab some weapons. I have a favour to call in from the Quartermaster so I can get you some guns and ammo."

"Really!!!"

"Yeah, you do realise that I pretty much have a favour to call in from almost all of the city. So yeah I'll be able to."

"God, what did I do to deserve you?"

"Simple, you're be-a-utiful."

"Stop."

"You love it really."

We both sat there and cuddled in each other's embrace. Before I got up and went over to the tumble dryer, getting my clothes out which were dry. I tossed Y/N's clothes over and said,

"Get ready, I'm leaving with Javier in a few hours."

"Fine, there are some things to make some pancakes and bacon if you want. I'll go grab some gear for you and the guys."

"Ok, I'll make you a plate as well."

"Ok thanks, I'll be back in a few minutes."

And with that, he left the room and I started cooking.

Timeskip

CLEMENTINE POV

Y/N came back into the room with a duffle bag over his back. I had just finished the pancakes and set out two plates for us, with some fresh orange juice as well. We both ate and after we finished our plates I said to him,

"So what did you get?"

"He gave me five Beretta M9's with 10 mags and five boxes of 9m rounds if we get to rest. A neat wasteland style knife for you. Two P90's with six mags. A Sig 556 with four mags. And finally two Remington shotguns with two boxes of 40 bullets altogether."

"Wow, thanks, Y/N, that's a lot."

"Don't worry, anything to keep you safe."

"Aw babe."

"Don't tease me, still not used to this mushy shit but I'm trying."

I walked up behind his chair and gave him a hug from behind.

"We do this, we find AJ and we can be our own little family."

He looked up into my eyes and said,

"I would want nothing more than that."

I blushed unknowingly, I had never really seen this side of him. From where he had been all distant yet loving, now he was open and even more loving. I liked it.

"Ok, get going to the gates. If they question the duffle bag tell them I gave it to you."

"Ok, when will you be coming?"

"I'll get my gear sorted and be out in roughly half an hour. Want to keep up the whole 'help from afar' type of persona."

"Ok but don't take too long babe. I love you."

"I love you more."

With that, I closed the door and headed outside to the gate. On the street, I turned to his flat window and said to myself.

"I love you Y/N, more than you know."

Author Note- Enjoy and leave any advice in a comment