Downtime

Y/N POV

I woke up a tad early, the rising sun peaking across the back of one of the hills. I looked down next to me and saw Clementine with her head buried in my chest as well as an arm across my waist.

I pulled the blanket higher over both of us as I heard a rustle in the bushes near us. I was lucky enough to grab my pistol until Kate stumbled out of the bushes.

She was carrying a fresh set of clothes and two plates with a set of cutlery on top of a canteen. She looked at us shyly and said,

"Hey, Y/N. Some breakfast and some fresh clothes."

I dragged over the pile of clothes and looked at them saying,

"Ah thank you, forgot that my other one was kind of shredded. Sorry for being an inconvenience."

"No No, it's fine... Erm Y/N did you do anything with Clem?"

She was blushing darkly after this and I looked at her very calmly saying,

"Easy Kate, No we didn't. Just some hugs, tears and kisses."

She blushed even further cause now she looked like a tomato.

"Oh right, I erm... I'll be back at camp then, stay safe."

"Naturally, see you there."

She left as I lay my head back down but then Clementine sat up, stretching her arms out and looking down at me.

"Wait. Who bought food?"

"Kate did, she was just here."

She started to panic slightly as she said,

"Ah shit, so the rest of them know."

"No don't worry, I told Kate that we just hugged, its fine."

She then looked at me straight as she got her clothes on.

"Did you mean what you said last night?"

I began to eat my food as well and I said to her,

"Why else would last night of happened, why else would I still be here after six years. Speaking of which when is your birthday?"

"Its few few days now."

"Oh well then good."

"Why?"

"Oh well, I may just have a gift for you."

We both got up as I checked over my bandages, they were slightly bloodied but alright.

I picked up my new set of clothes and put them on twirling around. They were similar to what Kate was wearing but more masculine which looked really good, Clementine agreed too.

I told her to head over earlier as I found my small medical kit in my satchel and replaced my bandages.

It was awful.

I got back to camp as everyone saw me looking pale with a handful of blood soaked bandages. I threw them on the fire as I felt two gentle arms under my shoulder.

"Easy Y/N."

"I'm fine, don't worry Clem."

Clementine ignored this and slowly began to ease me onto the log. I obliged reluctantly as Javier began to speak up,

"Right, Y/N. You've been slipping in and out of consciousness for three days. In which we went back to a small side entrance to Richmond. Some woman called Ava had your things and some extra supplies to give so we found a decent campsite and things panned out from there."