Chapter 54 [Part 2] "You're always there for me..." <3

Start from the beginning

I looked at Lauren's weak face and smiled at her. "Ready?"

She nodded slowly, "Ready." 

 ----------------------------- 

*Rachel's POV*

I had no idea how long it had been since the both of us had collapsed to the floor. Wood was falling and breaking from every corner of the deteriorating building. The cabin was falling apart and we had very little to no chance of escaping. Zayn coughed gasping for air, and held onto my hand as we lay on the floor helplessly.

"I'm sorry Rachel it's my entire fault. If I didn't lead you up all the way to the roof we would have made it back down in time and escaped already. There's no chance of us getting out now. It's my entire fault. I'm so sorry." Zayn choked pulling me close to him. 

"N-no it's not your fault Zayn. We'll get out of here, don't worry." I could barely even breathe, but I had to keep some hope for the both of us. 

He nodded and held my hand once again trying to find a way to get out.

 "OUCH!" I tripped and fell from a large piece of wood broken on the ground. The wood sliced my knee, and it began to bleed. 

Zayn ran back to me. "Rach, oh my god. Are you okay?"

I shut my eyes in pain. The pain shot through me, stinging as the blood poured out. "Just go on without me Zayn. I'll just hold you back!”

Zayn looked at me in anger. "Are you crazy? Stop being so dramatic, I know you've seen lots of movies. We are both going to get out of here together and that’s final." He picked me up in his arms and turned around. 

He was out of breath himself and getting very weak after all the exhaustion from the smoke and fire preventing clean oxygen for us. I just stared at Zayn. He hadn't left me inside to die. He wasn't lying when he said he would risk his life for me. I held on to him tightly and buried my face into his shoulder. 

What I was going to say next was something I never imagined myself ever saying.

"Zayn...I just want to tell you one thing before anything else happens.” I quietly whispered. Zayn didn’t look at me but kept looking up ahead determined to find a way out.

“Don’t. I know that tone of voice. Rachel, we’re getting out of here. I’m not letting you die. Not here. Not now.”

I gave a small smile. I knew that, I believed him. I just didn’t believe in myself. I wasn’t as strong as he was. I ignored him and went on.

“I.....I love you. I love you Zayn."

Zayn looked down at me in shock. But he smiled. "I knew it. I love you too Rachel, with all my heart. But don't think this is it. It's not. You're going to live. We both are." I pressed my hand against his chest, feeling his steady heartbeat. He was so calm, and so brave. But his face appeared scared and worried.

Then he ran as fast he could, and pushed onto something hard in front of us. He had torn down the wall and managed to create an exit.

We made it. We were alive and breathing fresh air. He let me down on the sand gently and laid me down. "We made it Rach." He said through tears.

"I know." I kissed him quickly on his cheek.

The crowd erupted with cheers. We both turned around and saw a crowd that appeared to have been awaiting  our return out of the fire. Everyone looked happy. Over in the far corner, I squinted and saw Harry. 

He was standing with Lauren. Of course that happened. He came running towards the both of us and pushed Zayn over a little.

"Thank god you're okay Rachel. I was so worried." He pulled me into a long hug. I forced a smile and nodded. 

I looked behind him to see Danielle coming up towards us worried. 

Tears were streaming down her face and she grabbed onto both of Zayn's arms, "Zayn! Oh my god I really hate saying this but you have to go back in! Liam went inside to go find the both of you and help save you, but I guess he's stuck!" 

 Zayn just stood there in shock for a bit, but held her shoulders tightly. "Okay, calm down Dan, I'm going now." He turned around and ran off back into the cabin we had just escaped.

 "NO! ZAYN COME BACK! DON'T GO!" I shouted and shouted. I began to run off trying to get Zayn to come back. But Harry held my arm back and I couldn't budge. 

 LET ME GO HARRY! HE CAN'T GO INSIDE!" 

But no matter all my efforts, no one listened. Zayn went in,to face what would be his possible death.

 ---------------------------

"I can't take this any longer. Danielle he might be dead. He hasn't come out." I was panicking. Danielle pulled the blanket I had been covered in, and covered me with it properly.

"Rachel! Don't say that! They both will come out alive.

It had been 30 minutes and they hadn't made it out alive yet. The firemen were all trying to get the fire down, but couldn't do anything to drastic yet considering Zayn and Liam were still inside.

 Finally after a few minutes later, although it felt like hours... someone shouted. 

"THEY'RE HERE! THEY MADE IT!"

Sure enough, they did. I stood up and looked up ahead. Zayn had Liam's hand wrapped around his shoulder to help carry him out. Liam had blood all over him. Louis and Niall ran up and helped Zayn out and took Liam. But just then....there was a huge blast, and an explosion occurred. Zayn pushed Liam away from the cabin as hard as he could, but stood there himself not able to get away in time.

The cabin was shredded to bits of pieces.... and Zayn was part of it. 

.-----------------------------------------------

 END OF CHAPTER 54

 WOW! Thanks guys for staying up this late haha, I'm reading all the responses on twitter and you guys are so sweet! <3 It means a lot to me, all those comments and responses, thank you so much <3 Please let me know what you thought, and remember, it's just a story so please no hate :) 

 Thanks for reading!

 Team Rayn or Team Rarry? :) 

 - Rida xx