Chapter Three [School]

The secretary sitting behind the large wooden desk in the front office clicked away on her computer for what felt like an eternity. "Spencer?" she asked.

I nodded my head as I leaned against the front desk.

"King?" she questioned again.

"Yes, ma'am. That's me," I replied, giving her my warmest smile.

She raised an eyebrow as she assessed me. Her brown eyes lingered on the tattoos that covered my hands and neck before she continued to search for my schedule in her system. "Senior this year. I bet you're ready to go to college," she said, but it came out as a question.

It was clear from the look on her face that she assumed I didn't have plans to go to college, which was a correct assumption. She clicked a button and then wheeled away to the printer. I hated small talk. I also hated this subject. I didn't have time to think about college.

"Yeah, you bet," I said to appease her as she wheeled back over to me.

I heard the office door swing open behind me. I turned to glance at who had entered the room.

It was a girl I'd never seen before. She had curves in all the right places. Her curly blonde hair stopped at her perfect-sized breasts. She bit her plump bottom lip as she played with a bracelet on her wrist.

I leaned back against the desk and folded my arms across my chest. She had no idea the things I would do to her body.

She tugged her backpack up her shoulder as she stepped out of the path to the door. The red t-shirt she wore looked like an old-school soccer jersey, and she had paired it with ripped blue jeans that exposed some of the tan skin on her thighs.

Her eyes met mine. They were as blue as the ocean.

"Spencer. Here you go. You better get off to class. According to my records, you don't show up that often," the secretary said behind me.

I tore my eyes away from the new girl and grabbed the paper from the secretary's outstretched hand. "Thanks," I mumbled without bothering to acknowledge her snide statement.

"How may I help you?" the secretary asked as her attention turned to the girl.

"Oh, hey. I'm new, and I'm just here to figure out my schedule," she responded, showing off a bright white smile.

From the way she talked and the way she looked, it was easy to tell she wasn't from here. Given her tanned skin and light hair, I'd guess she was from somewhere on the west coast.

I passed her on my way to the door, and she glanced at me. For a moment, I swore I could see a small smile on her face as I exited the office.

 For a moment, I swore I could see a small smile on her face as I exited the office

Time seemed to drag. The small hand on the clock teased me as it ticked along its predicted path. I leaned forward on my hands, resting my face in them and attempted to ignore the flirty glances coming from the girls to my left.