Chapter Twenty-Nine [Fate]

I twirled the ends of her hair around my finger as I laid there, listening to her breathing. Her chest rose and fell in a soft melodic rhythm and her features of her face were smooth as she slept. She looked peaceful. I pulled my arm out from beneath her and slipped out of the bed trying to be as quiet as possible. I grabbed my clothes off the floor and pulled them on before taking a seat in a small wooden chair in the room. I grabbed my leather jacket off the back of it and gripped it in my hands as my eyes watched Adrienne still asleep in the bed. The leather of the jacket was soft against my hands as I slipped my hand into the pocket and pulled out the cool hard object I was seeking. It glittered in the light I rolled it in my palm.

My mother's wedding ring. After last night, I knew Adrienne was the one. I knew it deep in my heart that she was the only one I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. She understood me. She brought out the best in me and without her...

I shuddered at the thought.

Without her I'd still be stuck in the south side descending a winding path of nothing, but pure evil. She had saved me from a from a path that would land me to prison... or death.

I held the ring between my fingers as my eyes flashed back to my sleeping angel.

I am sure my mother would be proud to know I had found a girl to give it too.

I saw her move in the bed, stretching out her arms, and I dropped the ring back into the pocket of my jacket. She felt around in the bed, her hands searching for me, and sat up when she didn't find me. Her blonde hair was a mess knotted up in certain spots as it hung down around her face and she tilted her head as she met eyes with me.

"Why are you over there?" she whined.

I smiled at her and raised my fingers to my lips, my jacket dangling down in front of me.

"I didn't want to wake you up, baby girl. I know you like your beauty sleep," I whispered, my eyes trailing down her naked body.

She pulled the blanket up around her and yawned.

"I also like my Spencer, "she said, winking at me.

I smiled and stood up, walking over beside the bed. I leaned down to give her a soft kiss and my hand brushed against her soft cheek.

"You only like me?" I questioned as I broke the kiss.

She rolled her eyes as she looked up at me.

"You know I love you," she whispered, tapping my nose with the end of her finger.

I smiled as I slipped my jacket on around my shoulders.

"Can you find my clothes for me?" she asked, yawning again from the bed.

I scooped up her clothes off the floor and tossed them to her.

"You better hurry or you will be late for school," I said, as she fastened her bra around her chest and slipped her t-shirt on.

"It'll be okay. I don't really like going to school without you anyway," she said as she stretched her hand out for me to help her up.

I took her hand in mine and pulled her up out of the bed. She smiled up at me, but then her hand flew to her mouth. She clutched her stomach as she hurried to the door and pulled it open. I was right behind her, my eyebrows furrowed together.

"Adrienne... what's wrong?" I asked as she made her way to the bathroom and leaned over the toilet.

She heaved multiple times and her face flushed red from the heat she was giving off. I moved into the bathroom and shut the door behind me, kneeling beside her. I pulled her blonde hair up off her neck and rubbed her back. She continued her vomiting spell.