We Need To GO

Dannys eyes were full of pain. Vlad was the only one like him and... He just felt alone. Being a rare species has its ups and down.

Ups- one of a kind, not everyone is prepared for it, much more unique than the other guys.

Downs- hard to find your own kind, people want to hurt you to see what's so special, no one understands you.

The agents didn't understand that what they did hurt, he felt pain, they never believed him.

"-anny? Danny you okay?" Valerie asked gently.

"Yea I'm fine" He didn't look at anyone.

"What happened between you and vlad?" She asked.

"Bad memories." He said simply.

"Is vlad... Like you?" Artemis asked gently.

"The only other halfa, I never told anyone though. I wouldn't risk it." he looked into the blondes steel grey eyes and Kaldur put a hand on his shoulder.

"You have a large heart my friend, even to those you claim as your enemies." He said wisely.

"Do you want to walk around see how Amity changed or do you want to go back?" Robin asked gently.

"You guys haven't seen Amity until you seen the arcade," Ge smiled slightly and Robin and Wally had large grins plastered on their faces.

"No hacking the system again rob!" Wally yelled as the two boys ran off.

"You just suck at video games." Robin laughed and everyone started to make their way to the arcade.

Danny was talking with Conner as they walked down the street as the two boys ran ahead and from a distance Danny saw Fenton works brightly.

He smiled a little remembering him when he was five, Jazz and Roy taught him how to ride a bike as their parents where in the lab, he accidentally fell and scrapped his shoulder but got back up and tried again.

Then his blood froze as a RV pulled up. The Fentons came home...

"G-guys..." Danny started to hyperventilate as fear clouded his eyes.

"G-guys w-we need t-to go," he tugged on Kaldur's sleeve and he saw what Danny was looking at.

"P-P-please c-can we go h-home," he paled slightly clinging onto Kaldur's sleeve.

"My friends, we have seen enough of the town." Kaldur said calmly.

"Danny, your parents are home, the Fentons barely come home, they must miss you!" Valerie said cheerfully and everyone's head whipped around and saw a woman with red hair and a man with black hair.

"V-Val, d-don't tell anyone t-that I was h-here please," He looked at her with fear and Artemis glared behind her at the Fenton parents ready for an attack again.

"Don't you want to see them?" She raised an eye brow and Danny shook his head.

"Let's head home guys, I'm sure Megan has something good for dinner." Robin said on guard and with out argument everyone nodded.

"Danny please don't go. I haven seen you in two years, at least tell me where your going." Valerie looked at him pleadingly.

"He lives with us," Conner spoke up glaring at the Fenton parents who where unpacking the RV and haven't noticed them.

"Then take me with you. I'm Red Huntress and he's Phantom. I don't know what secrets your hiding from me Danny but-" Valerie tried to say, but Danny interrupted her.

"I'm sorry Val but I-I can't, I-it's complicated, b-but can w-we please leave?" He shook a little and Kaldur gently lead the younger boy away.

"Danny what do you want for dinner anyways, you can choose," Megan tried bringing a positive mood and get his mind off of his parents that where less than a mile away.

He looked behind him fearfully and breathed quickly seeing the two where standing in front of the house chatting with each other.

He saw Maddie slightly turning in they're direction and Danny immediately went invisible and she only saw a group of teens, not Danny.

"Uh Danny?" Artemis looked around.

Kaldar still felt someone holding onto his sleeve. And Danny reappeared.

"S-she turned a-around." He gulped and walked over to Artemis trying to hide further from the parents.

"Let's get back to MJ," Robin said with a sad smile.

"Danny, don't be gone for to long," Valerie gave him a sad look.

"J-just don't m-mention me here... Especially I-in front o-of Maddie and j-Jack." Danny breathed quickly still.

"Fine." slShe looked at the ground and the team walked to the bio ship.

Once they loaded Danny brought his legs to his chest and stared at the ground hugging his knees.

"Hey you okay?" Artemis looked at him.

"I'm tired of being afraid, I'm tired of being weak." He sighed not looking at her.

"Danny, you where traumatized. You can't help it but trust me, it'll be okay, it'll get better." She said gently.

"Do the nightmare ever go away?" He whispered.

"I don't know... I can't answer you that, I've never gone through what you have." Artemis looked at the ground.

"You shouldn't have too, so don't feel bad." He looked at her with gentle eyes.

"Thanks Danny, and don't think you deserve what you've got for two years. You shouldn't have gone through that." She put a hand over his and gave it a gentle squeeze.

The two teens looked into each other's eyes as a small blush kept on their cheeks.

Artemis's eyes widen and shook her head as the Bio-Ship landed.

Once the door opened she walked out with her face red and Dannys was redder.

Robin looked back and for at the two. Then a smirk grew on his face.

"This is going to be fun." he cackled in his head.