"Hey!" I crossed my arms over my chest and turned away. He didn't need to be that rude. Niall then grabs my wrist abruptly and leads me inside the mansion. Panic started to rise inside me, and the fear is that I was going to left alone with him. I instead take my chances with Harry than with this guy! I glanced back towards the four boys and sent a pleading look. All of them ignore my expression.

"If you think that I would touch a virgin, then you're extremely mistaken," Niall spoke. He reaches a room at the far end of the house and pushes the door open. The lights automatically turn on, and I was left surprised when the room inside wasn't as rotten as I expected. It was a vast white marble room, a swimming pool in the middle, training equipment in the far right, and a small nursing area on the left. Niall then continues to lead me to the nursing area and stops in front of the bed. "Take off your pants and get on the bed."

"W-what happen to not touching me?"

"Fine. We can do this," Niall sighs. He pulls out a pocket knife from his back pocket and kneels. He quickly pulls the fabric of my pants before cutting it off. My eyes widened when I realized what he has done. Those were new jeans! A smug expression appears on his face, and he tilts his head up to look straight into my eyes. "Now, are we going to play nice?"

Before I can respond, Niall then stands up and places his hand on my waist. My cheeks instantly turn red as he lifts me on the bed. His eyes don't leave mine, and either does his hands. What's with this tension?

"My wound... um, can you please treat me." I cough a bit awkwardly and turn my head away. Niall's hands then release themselves from my waist and grab my injured leg. He slowly starts to treat it and doesn't say a word afterward.

"Aren't you going to say 'I told you so' to me?" I questioned. My eyes then squeeze shut when he applies alcohol on the cut. Crap, this hurts. I was met with silence again and was growing suspicious. "I'm surprised. You're not hostile as usual."

"You don't get the situation that you got yourself into," Niall finally responds. He presses the cotton of alcohol down firmly and starts to wrap it. "You are nothing like how your mom was."

"Huh?" Niall then stands up when he finishes treating my wound and looks straight into my eyes. His hand extended towards me, and I hesitate to take it.

"It's about time to know the truth."

---

"I hope Niall took care of you." Liam smiles at me and sits in front of me. He then passes me a bowl of rice with steak, as if it could give some kind of comfort for tonight. I would lie if I said that I wasn't grateful for it, though. "You must be curious about what's going on."

"Please don't walk around it and tell me," I demanded. It was only the two of us in the living room while the other boys were nowhere to be seen. "Who are you, people?"

"It's a bit difficult to explain, but will you believe us if I say that we aren't the bad guys here?" Liam asks. He then passes the file that he had and opens it for me. My eyes widen when I see my profile picture there. My mother was right next to mines. "Especially if your mother was one of us?"

"What are you saying?"

"One year ago, due to some situation, the boys and I were targeted by the same man that was after you," Liam slowly starts to explain. "Because of how dangerous it was becoming, we had no other choice to quit as One Direction."

"What does this have to do with my mother?" I questioned. My leg was jumping up and down from underneath the table. Along with my hands that were becoming sweaty from anticipation. "Do you have any idea what kind of assumption you're making?"

"Have you ever heard of National Crime Fighters?" My body then tenses when I heard that name, the memories suddenly coming back to me. It's been nine years since I had heard of it. Liam notices my reaction and continues. "We are part of an organization to-"

"Help national crimes throughout the world." I finished Liam's sentence through mumbling. My hands turn into a fist, and I took a big breath. It was becoming a bit difficult to sit still and listen to him. Everything was a big blur for me, but I knew he was telling the truth.

"How do you know?"

"It was mention on the night my mother had passed," I answered. Memories then flow back at the night that my grandfather and father were arguing. An argument that I wasn't even supposed to hear.

"Bridget needs to come with me. The National Crime Fighters will be the safest option for her."

"Are you crazy? Your daughter die because of that! I'm not losing my daughter over it!"

"She will be able to protect herself.. and even the world."

"The answer is no. Now get out and never appear again."

I then snapped back into reality and felt a tear roll down my cheeks. For years, I never thought I was supposed to uncover this. But maybe this was supposed to be inevitable.

"Now answer this," I spoke. My eyes are looking directly at Liam's with a straight expression. "If my mother was part of this, then does this mean that she's somehow connected to Mr.X?"

"How do-"

"Did he kill my mother?" I interrupted him. My hand then turned into a fist when he vert his eyes away from mine. It was like he was looking for the right words to tell me.

"I'm sorry."

"So you're telling me that after all these years, my mother's real death was cover all this time." I stood up and threw the file off the table. My hands then reach over to Liam's collar, and I tried to pull him up. "How come you haven't captured him yet?!"

"Please-"

"What are you waiting for?" I kept on yelling. "Why are you sitting here waiting for the next corpse to show up?"

"You're not the only person to have lost someone because of him," someone spoke behind us. I didn't turn around; the voice was already too recognizable. The blonde boy enters the dining room and grabs both of my hands. "But are you to get revenge for your mother?"

"W-what?"

"You can kill him," Niall response. He doesn't flinch at his words as he holds a straight expression.

"Niall, wait." Liam stands up and pulls him away from me. "That's not what we brought her here for."

"Let me join," I demanded. Liam then turns to me with a hesitation in his eyes. "I can't just stand around and be protected."

"But-"

"She has a point," Niall agrees. A small smirk on his face, and he crosses his arms across his chest. "At this rate, she'll end up dead."

"Its too dangerous," Liam warns. No shit. I already got the hint about the last two times that I was almost killed. Even so, I wasn't ready to back down. My mother had some sort of connection with this organization, and for whatever reason, I'm being targeted next by the same man. I need to be prepared for what's to come to my way.

"Fine," Liam sighs. He then turns to Niall. "I hope you'll like to train her."

"What?!" Niall and I exclaimed the same time. We weren't exactly expecting that outcome.

"Why me?" Niall groans. Liam ignores him and holds out his hand towards me.

"Welcome to the National Crime Fighters."

__

A/N: NEW ADDED CHAPTER. SO MANY CHANGES ARE GOING INTO THIS BOOK THAT MAYBE THE PLOT IS CHANGING ALONG THE WAY TOO. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE