Chapter 15

CURRENTLY UNDER RECONSTRUCTION. THIS STORY WILL NOT MAKE SENSE FROM THIS POINT FORWARD. YOU CAN READ BUT WARNING OF CRINGE FACTOR.

Chapter 15:

"Bridget, I want you to meet your temporary trainer. This is Shelcea Reyes, one of the unique trainers that we have in the organization," Liam presented me to the woman standing next to him. She was shorter than me by a few inches, but the muscles tight around her suit made up for her height. Her long black, curly hair with blue highlights was tied back in a tight ponytail, brown eyes that were surrounded by dark makeup, and she wore a tight black tracksuit with combat boots on. Shelcea eyes me down and then steps forward.

"Nice to meet you. I'm sure we're going to have so much fun," she snickers. I don't like the sound of this already. Liam quickly avoids my eyes when I wanted to know what he was thinking. Shelcea then grabs my arm and drags me into the training room while humming some haunting lullaby. Once we were alone in the large faculty, I turned towards her with a nervous smile.

"So what should we start with... maybe some warm-up exercises?" I asked. Shelcea had her back facing me as she looked at the weapon table. Her hand then reaches for the small pocket knife, and a wicked smile appears on her face.

"Hey, how good are you in avoiding knives?"

Shit.

Without having a chance to reply, I saw her swing the knife towards me, and I drop to the ground. My heart dropped to my stomach, and I looked at Shelcea. Her arms crossed together as if she was disappointed.

"Not bad."

Three hours passed as Shelcea was throwing different objects towards me but mostly knives. I noticed that she only targeted areas that weren't deadly and were somewhat relieved that she had little remorse for me. At the end of our session, I had a few cuts and bruises on my body.

"T-this sure is c-cold," I shivered. I was currently inside a pool in frozen water filled with ice as a way of healing therapy. Shelcea sits next to the pool while texting on her phone before she looks up.

"You have potential," she replies. "But as the daughter of Jessica Meyers, I'm still disappointed."

Pardon?

"You must know by now that your mother was second in command in our organization," Shelcea continues," I just assumed you were equally as strong as her... but I'm just wrong."

Second, in command.

My eyes widen at the sudden new information about my mother. She wasn't just a regular member but a highly respected commander. Shelcea notices my change of expression and chuckles.

"Don't tell me that you didn't even know that?" She questions. I nodded, and she sighs. "What else are these boys not telling you?"

"I assume that it's a lot of things," I replied. Maybe they wanted the best for me by not overwhelming me with too much. Shelcea only rolls her eyes, and she goes back on her phone. Closing my eyes, I tried to embrace the cold.

"Niall, you need to take a break!"

The door to the training room slams opens before Harry rushed inside with Niall limping on Chase's side. Both Shelcea and I were alarmed at the sight of blood staining Niall's white T-shirt. All three men rushed to our side of the room and laid down Niall on one of the beds.

"What's the situation?" Shelcea asks. Her eyes glued back to the phone as she continued to scroll through Instagram.

Seriously?