Chapter 1: Graduation Night

(Now Edit)
One Year Later...

Chapter 1: Graduation Night

Breathe.

I kept telling myself the same thing over and over as I watched everyone I knew for four years walk across the stage. A huge smile plastered on their faces when grabbing their diploma. My fingers fidgeted with my gown, and I held in my breath when the person in front of me was a call on by Mr. Simmons, my principal. I looked behind me and noticed that my two best friends were jumping up and down in their spots.

"Bridget Meyer."

My stomach dropped when my name was called on, and cheers followed along. The person behind placed their hand on my shoulder and helped me up the stage. I couldn't trust my own two feet while I walked towards the now-retired principal. In his hand was my diploma that I worked hard through the years. My hands reached towards Mr. Simmon's stubby one and shook it. My diploma now on my other hand.

I almost wanted to cry in the spot because I realized that my life was now about to start after this point. My classmates kept being called on, and I finally reached towards my seat. A familiar blonde ran up the stage to hug our principal before grabbing her diploma. Leah Peterson was radiating with happiness. I was smiling hugely and clapping for her along with the loud cheers of our squad.

She then ran down the stage and waved towards me before security guards told her to take her seat quickly. I laughed at the sight and adverted my eyes towards the stage. Tyler Xander, Leah's boyfriend, was shyly walking across the stage and shook Mr. Simmon's hand. Our squad was cheering for him. The only reason was that Leah threatens them to do it.

"Oh boy," Mr. Simmon blurted out when seeing who was the last one to go one stage. Half of the scenes were already jumping up and down when seeing my best friend preparing himself. A massive smile across his face. "Kai Zhang"

"Yeah, baby," Kai shouted. He sprinted across the stage and picked the small man, spinning him around. Mr. Simmon's face was turning red. The school was cheering Kai on and watched him get the microphone. "I want to thank everyone that I copied their homework on. This diploma is for all of you."

Security guards grabbed the Japanese teenager from the stage and dragged him away from the stage. Laughter erupts from the crowd. Mr. Simmon sent one last glare towards the boy that caused much trouble in school and cleared his throat.

"Congratulations, Class of 2013. May the world be kind to you."

We all cheered and grabbed our caps, and threw it up in the air before jumping on one another. Leah is the first to jump on my back, squealing. Her blonde hair is almost blocking my eyes.

"We did it!" She squealed. Her weight left my back before she pulled into a hug—her arms tightening around my neck. I almost was out of breath when Kai finally reached us and picked me up from the ground.

"Woah, Woah, hold up," I laughed. My face is probably red now from all the movements. "I'm getting dizzy here!"

Kai set me to the ground and placed his arm around my shoulder. "Did you guys love my speech?"

"Oh, it was great. I'm sure Susie Ho was jealous."

"That wrench is probably glaring at me right now," Kai muttered. His eyes are scanning the crowd before he spotted Susie Ho, our valedictorian. Kai was right. She was glaring at him with much hatred. "Bitch"

"Language." I patted his shoulder. Tyler finally made an appearance and smiled at us. Leah is jumping into his arms in less than a second. They were an odd couple, Leah and Tyler. Both of them were complete opposites, and somehow they manage to be in love. Maybe they'll reach a point of marriage.