Chapter 10

Chapter 10.1 ~ Revolution (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Maybe going out tonight wasn't a good idea.

"So hot," Leah groaned. The people behind her agreed and continued to suffer with the harsh temperatures of New York. Yes, summer for New Yorkers was just another season for hell for us. Wiping the sweat away from my forehead, I mentally thank myself for applying any face makeup besides Mascara.

"Three tickets to Red Dawn," Kai spoke to the cashier in front of me. I turn to my blonde best friend to see her sudden disappointment to know that Tyler wasn't able to be with us. She loves that guy. Sighing, I followed Kai behind and didn't pay attention until my shoulder bumped into someone.

"Sorry," I apologize. I turn and connected eyes with two tall men, one having dark-blonde hair with brown eyes and the other with black dye hair and crystal blue eyes. They both appeared to be god-like models with their appearance. My cheeks turn red, and the man that I bumped stepped up. His blue eyes sparkled, and he smirked.

"No problem," he spoke," I see you later."

"Huh?"

They both turned and left the building—both of them leaving me in a confused state. I then felt a familiar hand touch my shoulder, and Kai enters my line of vision again.

"Ready?"

"Uh yeah," I muttered. My eyes glanced back at where the two men had left, and I gave up trying to figure them out. They were strangers.

And most likely harmless.

--

"That movie was nothing like the original," Kai criticized. He then stretches his arms outwards and yawns; the after-effects of watching a movie was already taking place. I hum in response and look up at the full moon in the sky with a small smile. These types of nights were mostly when I need my necklace back.

"I should go from here," Leah spoke. Her lovely voice came back after her phone had beeped. "Tyler is just around the corner."

"Wasn't he with his father?" I asked. My eyebrows furrowing in confusion, and Leah shrugs. She was honestly disinterested in little details. Having no other choice, Kai and I sent her off to her boyfriend.

"I should walk you home," Kai said. His hand grabs mine, and I raise an eyebrow at his sudden movements. Something wasn't right from what I can tell.

"Don't tell me that you're still blaming yourself?" I asked. A little laughter then escaped my lips, and I snatch my hand away. Kai's face turned bright red from embarrassment. "I told you that I'm fine."

"But-"

"Go. I'm fine."

After minutes of arguing with each other, Kai sighs and eventually gives in to my request.

"Call me if anything happens."

"Fine." *

We part paths, and I found myself enjoying the walk back home alone. This city was beautiful at night, but I also knew that it wasn't even safe. Shuffles noises came from behind me, and I turn around quickly. My stomach dropping to the floor when I thought there was a figure behind me.

It was my imagination...

Until I saw him, blue eyes met mine, and my breath hitches; the guy that I had bumped into earlier was in front of me. He even wore the same sinister smile from earlier.

"I knew something was off since earlier," I scoff. Without hesitating, I reached inside my pockets and pulled out a pepper spray. "Stay back, or I won't bite."