Chapter 33: Fight For The Box

White had a gold shield up to protect them from the flames. The power was so much that it pushed him on the toes of his shoes. When the flames stopped, he put his shield down.

            ''You dared to open Pandora's Box,'' he screamed.

            ''Chaos is my cup of tea,'' Klarion laughed evily.

            ''Open, gate of the golden bull,'' Paige called. ''Taurus.''

           Her minotaur appeared and charged toward the witch boy. He swung his ax at him, but missed as Klarion jumped out of the way. Superboy jumped up to punch him. But Klarion blasted him with a fireball of red fire. He crashed onto the ground.

           ''Miss.Martian, maneuver seven,'' Aqualad called. 

           The martian jumped into his hands that he cupped together. He gave her the power to jump up high as she delivered a punch to Klarion's face. She hovered as the witch landed on his feet.

            ''You will all burn,'' Klarion yelled.

         A giant ball of his red fire formed over his head. The threw it at the two heroes. White landed in front of them and screamed. Out came his siren cry, destroying the fireball and blasting back Klarion. 

            ''So, the siren finally has come to play,'' Klarion teased. ''I was wondering when we would get a chance to fight. Chaos versus harmony.''

           ''What is more harmonic than music, witch boy,'' White responded. ''Besides, according to every recorded battle of harmony and chaos, magical or not, harmony always comes out on top.''

           ''Wanna bet,'' Klarion yelled.

          He formed to fireballs in his hands. He threw them toward White, like comets of mass destruction. White flew up, the fire just barely missing his wings. 

         ''That was a close one,'' White said.

        ''Open, gate of the archer,'' Paige called. ''Sagittarius.''

         As Taurus was gone, she called her next spirit. The horse archer appeared in its place. He drew back his bow.

          ''Fire at will,'' Paige commanded.

         ''As my lady wishes,'' Sagittarius says.

         He sent a large volley of arrows his way. Klarion quickly put up a blood red force field to block the arrows.

           ''We may need more power than that,'' Miss.Martian called to the others.

          Paige looked at her keys. She pulled out another.

           ''I have a thought,'' she says. ''Siren, it's time for the big one.''

         ''Yicks,'' White swore. ''Let me out of the way.''

          ''Time for a trade, Sagittarius,'' Paige said, her spirit bowing. ''Open, gate of the lion. Leo.'' 

           The archer vanished in a shimmer of stars. Paige's newest spirit appeared in his place. It was a very handsome looking young man, no older than them. He was in a nice black suit with a white shirt and black dress shoes. He had spiked orange hair with two lion ears on his head. He also wore glasses.

            ''Your night in shining armor has arrived, dear Zodiac,'' he flirted.

           ''Sorry, Leo,'' Paige said. ''I have a boyfriend.''

            White seemed to materialize next to her.

           ''A very protective one, at that,'' he glared at the spirit.

           ''I will not be the one to anger the king of the sirens,'' Leo panicked, sweating.

          ''Good boy,'' White said.

          Leo then turned to the witch boy. He walked toward him, glowing with golden flames. Klarion lit hands ablaze.

         ''You think having dark magic makes you above those of good,'' Leo ranted. ''Good magic and light have always prevailed over darkness. Spirits thrive on being treated with love. The isles are ruled by the kindest of mystical creatures. And as the leader of the zodiac, I will stand up to you like all the others. Regulus impact.''

          He let out a giant eruption of golden flames. At the very front of the blast was a roaring lion made of light. The power was too much for the dark witch. It engulfed him and also blasted half the mountain.

           ''Mother of god,'' the magic users heard Roy swear.

           ''Don't mess with a siren and a spirit caller,'' Paige said.

         Klarion stood back up, but most of his magic was drained from the impact of Leo's spell of light.

           ''Why do you fight for those that will never accept you,'' he asked, but only made the two confused. ''Humans don't get magic. Your world is forced to stay hidden because they think your world is only monsters and fairy tales. One day, you'll learn your lesson, but it will be too late.''

            He vanished into one of his dark portals.

          ''What was that about,'' Cheshire wondered.

          ''No time, get the box,'' White says.

          The eight of them all raced up the side of the mountain. When they reached the top, they saw the ruins of the Temple of Delphi. But White and Paige casually went up to it and vanished. The team went near where they vanished, confused. But their heads popped out.

           ''Sorry, we forgot you guys aren't like us,'' Paige apologized.

          The two took their hands and pulled them in. Inside was a fully formed temple. It was as if the ruins outside were just for show. This was where the real Temple of Delphi actually was. At the end of the hall was Pandora's Box. The box was the shape of a pentagon with black and gold skull designs on it. The lid was wide open.

         ''I hate it when this happens,'' White complained.

         The two went over to the box, holding their hands on it. Mist of thick black gunk came out of the ceiling and walls. It swarmed around the two and then was sucked into the box. When it was all gone, the lid was slammed shut.

           ''I've said it before, and i'll say it again,'' White says. ''I hate it when this happens.''

           ''You, and me, both, White,'' Paige agreed.

            ''Didn't you guys say that this place should also be the place that hold the Spear of Destiny,'' Aqualad asked.

            The two nodded.

           ''Where is it,'' the Atlantian asked.

          They darted their heads around. The pedestal that was supposed to have the ancient magic spear was empty.

           ''Pandora's Box was a distraction,'' White growled. ''Someone took the Spear of Destiny.''

           ''How much damage can one person do with a single spear,'' Robin asked.

           ''With this particular spear, rip apart the fabric of the universe,'' Paige answered. ''The Spear of Destiny controls the destinies of every person on the planet.''