Chapter 24: Deadly Music

''We don't want you guys involved in this,'' Paige said. ''This is not up for debate or discussion.''

           ''We have never felt a power like this,'' White says. ''The magic required for power, like that, is scary. You're not as experienced with such dark magic.''

            ''Not experienced enough,'' Superboy protested. ''We've faced a gorgon, mummies, fictional serial killers, a demon, witches, and even Black Siren.''

            ''I'd say that makes us just as qualified as you,'' Artemis said.

            ''It doesn't even make you come close,'' Paige says, shocking them. ''We've used every bit of magic at our disposal, and even we will have trouble.''

            ''Magic is our entire lives, so this is our fight,'' White said. ''There are so much in our world you aren't ready to go against. Black Siren looks like a toddler compared to this.''

             ''We get that we aren't as much in your world as you, but we can help,'' Miss.Martian told them. ''You aren't alone anymore.''

            ''We're doing this so we won't be alone again,'' White said, shocking them. ''We are truly sorry about this. Paige.''

            ''Open, gate of the crystal keeper,'' Paige called, raising a silver key. ''Crystalo.''

           A girl made of light appeared. She was made of bright pink light. Crystals were floating around her.

           ''Seal them in,'' Paige ordered.

          Her spirit didn't respond, but did as she was told. Several baseball-sized crystals appeared around the team. They were crystal quartz. They all glowed and sent up beams of light. They connected at the top, forming a dome. The spirit bowed, then went back to the spirit world.

           ''This crystal cage will keep you safe,'' White says. ''Sometimes, music can be dark as well as light.''

           The words reached Roy. The two then vanished into the zeta tube. Superboy ran forward and punched the cage. He was blasted back, crashing onto the ground. Miss.Martian ran to him and helped him sit up as he rubbed his head.

           ''That wall definitely packs a punch,'' he said.

          ''I can't believe they put us in a cage, like a dog,'' Artemis yelled, her arrows being vaporized by the wall when they hit it. 

           ''But they didn't look like they wanted to do it by themselves,'' Ma'gann pointed out. ''They seemed worried and scared for us.''

              ''And they have been around magic longer than us,'' Cheshire says. ''Not even Klarian would be able to beat them, and he's a lord of chaos.''

             ''Robin, use your holo-glove to look up any myth or legend about dangerous music,'' Roy says to the boy wonder.

            Robin pulled up his screen and started typing.

           ''What's the importance about this,'' he asked.

           ''Something White said about there being dark music as well as light,'' Roy said. ''What if they were trying to keep us away from something that would effect us more than them?''

           ''Sound like something White would do,'' Aqualad says. ''After he turned into Black Siren, he's been pretty protective of us.''

            ''Ma'gann, while I do research, try to use your telekinesis to move one of these crystals,'' Robin instructed. ''Breaking the circle just might cause the cage to come down. If this is as bad as they said it was, they'll need help.''