Chapter 21: The Good Doctor

It had been a couple of weeks since the kiss of true love got rid of White's other half. Things were, dare I say, normal. As normal as the lives of superheroes can be.

               ''To your left, Robin,'' Paige yelled.

             The boy wonder flipped a cobra henchmen onto his stomach. The team had been sent to stop another shipment of cobra venom. This batch supposedly spiked with a little something extra. 

            White and Superboy were both fighting the head cobra. He was knocked out by a sonic scream by White that sent him right into the Superboy's fist.

             ''You guys make a great one two punch,'' Miss.Martian says.

           ''All I do is scream,'' White said. ''Superboy delivers the real blow.''

           ''Some people would find your kindness annoying,'' Superboy says. ''At least we aren't those types of people.''

           ''Artemis still tried to kill me,'' White reminded.

          He was still quite pissed that Artemis tried to use the Hercules Bow on him.

         ''Found it,'' Roy called.

          He held up a glowing blue stone. It was covered in ancient looking runes.

         ''No wonder their drug got a power boost,'' Paige said. ''That's the Nwyfre Runestone. The incantations change for whoever wields it, and they do whatever they wish for.''

           There was a ringing. The team looked at White. He just shrugged and pulled out a glowing stone. This one like a sapphire.

            ''Magical phone,'' he explained. ''It's just Haley.'' He picked up. ''Haley, how's it going?''

           Two seconds later, he nearly blew up the warehouse.

           ''A mortal has your what now,'' he freaked. ''How is that even... alright, i'm on my way. Why are you in San Francisco?''

            He hung up after a few more minutes. The others looked at him, confused.

         ''The sisters need our help,'' he said.

                                                    *****Line Break*****

           The team landed on a roof near the hotel the princesses were staying at. White met them in the park in his human form. The others followed in civilian clothes.

             ''Guys, this is my team,'' he introduced. ''Megan, Wally, Robin, Artemis, Kaldur, Conner, Jade, and Roy. Team, this is Haley, Harper, and Hope.''

           ''What up with the H's,'' Kid Flash asked.

           ''Family tradition,'' Harper says.

           ''Now, to the matter at hand,'' White said. ''A mortal has all of your powers?''

           ''Well, more like copies of them,'' Haley explained. ''A few months ago, Hope had a dangerous illness, but was cured because of our magical blood. The doctor working on her has been curious ever since. He accidentally injected himself with our blood, and now has our powers because of it.''

           ''How bad can a mortal having powers be,'' Cheshire asked.

           ''We're meant to have our powers, he isn't,'' Hope said. ''He's being driven mad. He's already killed three people by cutting out their organs and delivering them to hospitals.''