Chapter 29: Sword In The Stone

''King of the sirens,'' Roy asked. ''Really?''

            ''Sirens have been put into chaos for millennia without someone to properly guide them,'' White says. ''Most magical kinds have their own forms of monarchy, and I was the one that one that defeated the last siren queen. Making me the rightful heir to the throne.''

            ''The sword is drawn to heroic rulers, that's why it was able to wake him up,'' Haley said. ''White used up too much power, so the sword gave it back to him.''

             ''Now that we're on the subject, how did you even get it,'' Paige asked. ''The lady of the lake's been protecting it for the next Arthur.''

             ''She was flushed out of Camelot when your type of villain began searching for the crown of King Arthur,'' Hope answered.

           ''Our type of villains,'' Superboy asked.

          ''Just in the short time we've had the sword, we've been attacked by Silver Banshee, Deathstroke, Sports Master, and Abra Kadabra,'' Harper answered.

           ''And for your information, his fake magic is really insulting,'' Haley says.

          ''Why do they want the crown,'' Robin asked. ''Isn't the sword supposed to be the main magic of the fairy tale?''

            ''The main power is when you combine the crown and sword,'' White explained. ''The two can give their wielder the power to control the magic of Camelot. They can bring the chaos of wild magic to the world.''

        ''Here we go again,'' Paige complained. ''But no singing this time, White. You had me worried sick.''

           ''Anything for you,'' White says, giving her a quick kiss.

            ''Always knew you two would end up together,'' Haley smiled. ''Superboy, if you don't mind.''

             He picked up the boulder and carried it with them. When they got back to the others, Ma'gann tackled White with a hug. They both fell to the ground, his crown skidding away, toward Artemis. 

           ''Ow,'' White said.

            ''Sorry,'' Miss.Martian apologized as they both got up. ''I'm just so happy to see you now awake.''

            The slamming of the boulder onto the ground managed to get everyone's attention. Which White liked, as he doesn't like attention. They were in ah of the sword.

            ''Excalibur,'' Paige said. ''The sword in the stone, straight from Camelot.''

           ''You've got to be kidding me,'' Artemis swore.

           ''Step aside, ladies,'' Kid Flash says, moving Hope and Harper and cracking his knuckles. ''Let your future king claim his sword.''

             ''This will be interesting,'' Robin smirked.

            Wally rubbed his hands together, than put them on the hilt of the sword. He pulled, but the sword didn't even budge. He used his full strength, as his stubbornness was getting the better of him. He finally gave up, breathing heavily.

            ''I think it's broken,'' he said.

            White went over to the sword. He took it in one hand and pulled it out of the stone as if it was nothing.

            ''Seems okay to me,'' he smiled.

            ''The king of sirens has struck again,'' Paige laughed.