Chapter 3: Golden Music

Superboy held the unconscious boy. He had taken off the muzzle just so he would seem more human.

                   ''He's just a kid,'' he says, shocked.

                   Miss.Martian and Robin showed up. They were shocked by what they saw. Not just the boy, but by how compassionate Superboy seemed. 

                    ''A kid,'' Robin gasped, looking at him. ''He can't be more than thirteen years old, my age.''

                   ''Those two were about to shoot him,'' Superboy told them. ''He had this over his mouth.''

                    He showed them the muzzle. Miss.Martian nearly burst into tears.

                  ''They muzzled him, as if he was an animal instead of a kid,'' she said, holding back her tears.

                   ''I can't lift him while he's like this,'' Superboy says. ''Miss.M, can you?''

                    ''Of course,'' Miss.Martian said, using her telekinesis to life White up.

                   ''We need to leave,'' Robin radioed the others. ''We have someone seriously injured and needs medical help.''

                    ''On our way out, now,'' Aqualad radioed back.

                    The heroes immediately went back to the Bioship. Miss.Martian gently placed White on one of the medical beds in back. The rest of their team came back onto the ship. They could hardly believe what they saw.

                    ''Is that a kid,'' Artemis asked.

                     ''I found him about to be shot,'' Superboy said. ''Who knows why he was there or what they did to him.''

                      ''What type of monster would do such things to a kid,'' Red Arrow said.

                     ''We need to get him back to the mountain,'' Kid Flash says.

                     ''Agreed ,'' Aqualad said. ''Miss.Martian, get us in the air.''

                     As the rest of the team went back to the front of the ship, Red Arrow and Superboy stayed in back. When the ship took off, something fell off of White. Superboy picked it up. It was his lyre necklace.

                    ''This must be the only possession he has left,'' he said.

                     ''Can I see that,'' Red Arrow asked.

                    ''Does it mean something to you,''Superboy asked, giving him the necklace.

                   ''A golden lyre,'' Red Arrow noticed. ''It just seems familiar.''

                                                *****Line Break*****

                   Miss.Martian placed White on one of the medical beds in the infirmary. Batman came in to see what was up.

                  ''Batman, this kid needs help,'' Robin said. ''We found him in an underground facility under that hospital.''

                  ''I will examine him,'' Batman said. ''Team, get some rest.''

                   The team went into the living quarters of Mount Justice. They sat down in the living room.

                   ''Did you see him,'' Miss.Martian said. ''He looked so innocent.''

                    ''But something was different about him,'' Red Arrow says. ''Look.''

                    He showed them his hands. His fingers were glistening with gold.

                   ''How are your hands covered in gold,'' Robin asked.

                    ''I wiped if off of that kid's face,'' Red Arrow says. ''It was coming out of his eyes. He was actually crying gold.''

                   ''But that's impossible,'' Kid Flash said.

                   ''People used to say that about aliens and Atlantis,'' Artemis said. ''Yet we have both of those standing right over there.''

                   She motioned toward Miss.Martian, Superboy, and Aqualad.

                   ''Does it even matter what he can do,'' Superboy says. ''No on should ever be that scared in their lives. His eyes were so full of terror. Whatever happened to him, he'll never be able to forget it.''

                   Batman walked into the room, with his usual emotionless face on. 

                 ''Superboy, Red Arrow,'' he said. ''May I speak with you?''

                 The two teen heroes followed Batman. They stood outside the infirmary door.

                 ''Tell me exactly what happened,'' he ordered, his face more serious than usual.

                  ''The hospital was abandoned,'' Red Arrow explained. ''But under it was a laboratory full of people in black suits. That was why there was electricity being sent there.''

                   ''After we broke in, I heard something with my super hearing,'' Superboy took over. ''Like a muffled scream. When I got to the source, that kid was about to be shot by one of the suits. I quickly knocked them out. He was terrified as he passed out. There had also been a muzzle on him.''

                 ''That's not all they did to him,'' Batman said. ''While helping him, I noticed a lot of other injuries. He had broken ribs, a concussion, a large gash in his side, and multiple cuts on his arms and face. And that collar has also been repeatably used to electrocute him, the burns are still noticeable.''

                   ''They tortured the poor kid,'' Red Arrow says, barely believing it. ''But what about the fact that he seems to cry gold.''

                  ''That is still undetermined,'' Batman said.

                  There was a scream from the infirmary. The three went in to see White awake, and in a full panic. It didn't help when he saw them.

                  ''St...stay away,'' he panicked. ''L...leave me a...alone. Just g...go away.''

                   ''We won't hurt you,'' Superboy says, trying to comfort him.

                   White backed away from them. He hit the wall, sliding down and crying. Superboy slowly approached him. He bent down.

                   ''I promise we won't hurt you,'' he said. ''You're no longer in that place. You're safe here.''

                   White really looked at him for the first time.

                  ''Y...you w...were the o...one that saved m...me,'' he stuttered.

                  Superboy nodded and let him cry. And if you know Superboy, he is not the most comforting of people. That job was reserved more for Miss.Martian or Aqualad.

                  ''Thank you, th...thank y..you,'' White sobbed.

                  ''What's your name,'' Red Arrow asked, not daring to get closer so he wouldn't set him off again.

                   ''I c...called myself G...Gold Siren,'' White said.