Rules & Exhaustion Part 1

I hurried out of bed after shutting off my alarm. I was extremely tired. I haven't been getting much sleep and it didn't help that I let a vampire get so close to me. I guess I wasn't the best slayer after all...

Another day of school and a day closer to the war. I need to really be focused now. The future relies on us slayers to keep the world at peace and free from the bloodsucking bastards.

Shaking my head from these thoughts, I quickly pulled on a pair of old skinny blue jeans with rips in them. They were still good even though they were old. Of course I changed my undergarments before doing so.

I pulled on a grey tank top and a grey hoodie on over it. I also put on deodorant, perfume, etc. It was important to have good hygiene after all.

After brushing my teeth and putting my hair into a bun, I hurried out the door with my book bag on my back. I didn't really care for breakfast today and I wasn't really hungry so I didn't grab anything on the way out. I did, however, leave a note for my mom saying I loved her and I left for school. She was probably still sleeping.

Twenty minutes later I arrived at my destination. I spent most of the time looking at the sky and clouds on my way here to school. It was always beautiful in the summer mornings.

I walked into the doors of this hell hole and went straight to my locker to retrieve my books for my classes. Today we were turning in our books since we wouldn't need them anymore. At least then I wouldn't have to come to my locker anymore...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Each of my classes were the same as everyday. I went there, took notes, then went to my next class. We all had to turn in our books though. So at least there was something we did different today.

I sat by the tree outside for lunch. I had a slice of pepperoni and cheese pizza, water, and some cheese sticks. Even though we were still on the diet, we were allowed to at least have one thing that's considered "unhealthy" for everybody. Besides the cheese would be considered healthy, so it's a win win.

I took a bite of my pizza and looked around. Many people were out here. It was a beautiful day too.

I took a few more bites and took a sip of my water. I decided to do my homework now since I'd be training once I got home. So that's what I did for the next ten minutes of my lunch period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The bell rang and lunch was over. I got done with all my homework too.

As I grabbed my bag and tray, I went into the building to dump the remainder of my lunch. I ate most of what was on my tray but I wasn't that hungry anyways.

"Kate!" A familiar voice called as I dumped my tray into the trash. The tray was styrofoam so it didn't matter if it went in there as well.

I turned around to see who called my name. Frowning my brows, I huffed at who it was.

"I haven't seen you all day, Kate!" Kyle said and stood in my way. Even though we were in the same classes as each other, I often ignored him.

"I have to go..." I said and pushed past him.

"Is something wrong?" Kyle asked and followed closely behind me.

I just kept walking not even bothering to answer him, but that didn't stop him from pestering me.

"Why are you ignoring me, Kate? Did I do something wrong?" He asked.

Annoyed, I pushed Kyle into a janitor's closet near by and pushed him up against the door, trapping him.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I sternly asked him.

"Tell you what?" He asked.

"Don't play dumb with me! You know what I'm talking about!" I practically screamed. He was not just pissing me off.

"I honestly don't know what you're talking about, Kate." Kyle frowned.

"I know what you are..." I said confidently.

Kyle leaned his face closer to mine and said lowly, "And what's that?"

"You're a vampire..." I whispered.

Kyle looked at me taken aback. His face was that of someone who was shocked and then he just laughed out of no where.

"Come on, Kate. Vampires aren't real." Kyle said while chuckling.

I glared at him, my face full of seriousness.

Kyle frowned when I wasn't having any of it.

"So what if I am?" He said while crossing his arms over his chest defensively.

"You already know what I am, so you know we can't be friends or acquaintances," I said and crossed my arms over my chest as well.

"Why can't we? We get along just fine. I don't see a problem here." Kyle huffed and turned his head to the side, looking away.

"It's against the laws..." I said quietly.

After a few moments of standing there quietly, Kyle cleared his throat and spoke first.

"What happens now...?" He said quietly as well.

"Now...Now you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. If you come near me...I'll have to kill you." I looked up at him, my jaw tight. It's not like I wanted it to be this way but it had too. I didn't make the rules.

Kyle's eyes filled with sadness and his once crossed arms went down to his sides weakly.

"If that's the way it has to be, then fine...I'll kill you too if we cross paths again." He said.

With that I went out of the closet first and hurried off to my next class. I knew I was going to be late, but I didn't care. I was actually going to miss hanging out with Kyle, but I also couldn't anymore. If a slayer is friend's with a vampire then they have a death sentence written for them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Faster!" One of the leaders screamed at us.

It was after school now and I was at the cabin. The slayers and I were jogging or sprinting laps around the woods.

"Hurry up, Maggots! How do you expect to outrun a vampire?!" The same leader screamed. I think their name was...Jim? I wasn't too sure. All I know is that my legs were burning and my lugs were too.

After ten more minutes of running we were finally allowed a break.

I was gasping for air about now. Half of the other slayers were too except for the other half. The other half didn't even seem fazed and we were looking at them as of they were aliens. I guess that happens when you spent years doing this type of thing.

"Next up will be climbing!" Angie yelled to us.

We were doing about everything at this point. It was like a boot camp and every day we were training harder and harder than the last day.

I guess it would all pay off in the end. I didn't mind the training that much anyways. It would make me a better and faster slayer.

After awhile we finished our bottles of water, ate a few sandwiches, and let it settle. We were then all lined up in a single file line.

"Alright, listen up! You all will run around a course similar to the same course you just did," She began to say and most of us groaned but stopped when she shot us a death glare, "There are a few things we changed. There's a rock wall you'll need to climb, a pond you'll need to swim acrossed, and more running you'll need to do. You won't leave here till you get it down in one hour! Begin!"

This was going to be a long day...