I'm sorry

Your P.O.V~

"Jake?" You asked not knowing if you should be happy he's back or scared.

He gave you a crooked smile and scratched the back of his neck.

"Sorry if this is so late.." He happily said.

You were speechless and ran up to him to hug him tight. He was shocked but hugged you back.

"Jake I'm so sorry about the past! I wake up just to feel guilt everyday! I ruined your life!" You cried out. He ran his fingers through your (Color of hair) hair.

"Don't w-worry about it... That was t-the past" he said in a raspy low voice.

"I'm sorry..."

It suddenly got quiet. Jake pulled out of the hug and stared at your eyes, you looked at his blank ones.

You didn't knew what to say and he knew so he pulled you into another hug. "Jake this is great! You can stay with us! My fami-"

"I rather not." He interrupted you.

You were confused. He looked away causing his bangs to get on his face, he sighed, "I have other t-things to do." He shoved his hands into his gray hoodie pockets.

You stood quietly before speaking, "I see, can we perhaps see each other again?" You looked down at your shoes.

It was quiet again.

Until you felt his hand in your shoulder, you looked up at him... He gave you a half smile, "Of course."

You smiled. He removed his hand and looked up blushing, "I gotta get going..." He shyly said. You nodded.

And again, he disappeared into the dark woods.

You also decided to go home and remember you told Liu you were going to meet Jane... Which she probably got home already.

You ran to the mansion and saw Jeff outside having a drink. He saw you and waved.

"Where were you? Liu was looking for you earlier" he said. You smiled and didn't reply to him.

When you got in Liu was sitting in the couch with Jane. He noticed you which you kind of got nervous.

His green eyes stared at you almost killing your soul because that's how mad he was with you. You gulped.

"Hey dad..." You slowly muttered.

He didn't reply but kept his eyes on you. "Uncle Jeff told me you were looki-" he sighed. "Where were you."

You stood quiet trying to think of an excuse but you couldn't, "I know you were somewhere out there without Jane" he kept going.

Jane knew where this was going so she slowly made her way out of the living room giving you hand motions such as "I'm sorry"

You motioned to her that it was okay which deep down inside you were triggered.

"I'm sorry I lied to you, dad" you blurted out.

"Where were you." He asked again.

"I was just taking a walk through the woods" you admitted but didn't bring up Jake.

You looked down to your feet and waited for him to say something which he didn't. He sighed and didn't bother to look at you.

Why was he acting like this.

It could be that he is really worried about you being alone or it could be that he hates it when you lie to him

It could be.