Chapter Forty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Yoo Minseok," she said slow, that almost came out like a whisper but there was a slight tone of coldness in her voice. The guy who was sitting in front of her flinched to the sudden voice breaking him from his personal time. Sojung wasn't hoping that it would be him, not that she wanted to see him anymore but there was nothing she can do other than asking him about the pictures since he was the only one who had the pictures.

He put down his cup of coffee down on the table in almost like a slow-motion effect. It was so slow that it was slowly getting through Sojung's veins and she stomped her feet on the floor to walk around the round table and faced him up front, looking straight into his eyes.

What she had been guessing for came to reality when she realised who the person she was facing up with.

"Oh, it's really you, Mr. Yoo Minseok," she grinned. Minseok felt his own breath getting short as he met eyes with Sojung who was staring straight into his eyes that felt like her gaze could cut him into pieces, left him shattering apart just like how he once did to her. He kept shifting his gaze from the table and struggling to look at Sojung in the eyes, he was horrified as if the figure who was standing in front of him wasn't human.

"If y-you're here to ask me if I was the one who uploaded the pictures, it-it wasn't me, I swear it wasn't me," his lips were trembling same goes to his knees as he was stuttering to say something Sojung didn't even ask him about.

"What?" she asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I kn-knew you wanted to ask me that. I knew about the pictures got leaked but it wasn't me, I swear to God," he said, avoiding eye contacts still.

"Then how did the pictures get leaked if it wasn't you? You were the only person who had the pictures, in fact you were the one who took them, moreover you took them without my permission. I remember telling you to stop and delete them, you said you did when you actually didn't,"

"I don't know! Stop asking me about it I really don't know! Why would I do that, can you tell me why? What will I get if I do it?"

"Self satisfaction," she said almost instantly after Minseok ended his words. He snorted to himself, before slowly moving his gaze from the floor and looked straight into Sojung's eyes, which seemed like they were glowing in fire.

"I might have hurt your feelings a long time ago, Kim Sojung. But just for your information, I am no longer that one Yoo Minseok you once knew. I am no longer that cheater, that fuckboy that playboy you think I am, which no doubt, I was. But I have changed, I've left all of my bad habits for good. You can say goodbye to that Minseok you know," he said through his gritted teeth.

Sojung took a step closer and locked her gaze straight into Minseok's eyes, she felt herself getting hot with the hatred and madness that were still lingering around her heart as she stared into his eyes.

"Liar," she said, and it came out almost like a whisper.

"What else should I tell you to make you believe in me?" he said, his eyebrows were plunged to a permanent frown as his heart was racing realising that it wasn't as easy as he thought it would be to make Sojung trust him again.

"Nothing," she said.

"Don't even try to say anything because I won't believe in anything, every single thing that came out of your filthy dirty mouth," she added, before turning to her back and walked away from his face but his next words felt like it had cut through her soul and left her boiling in heat.

"You're talking as if you haven't done anything that I've done to you, huh? What a hypocrite," he scoffed to himself, even though it was clearly for her. Sojung didn't even know she was angry until Minseok did it again, until he mentioned it again.