Secrets of a Dragon & a Dove

Setting: first day of classes; breakfast in the great hall, Jemima's p.o.v.

"I'm just saying that I don't get why you seem to be constantly by his side," Harry snaps

"..." I roll my eye at him, "aw is my baby brother Jealous?" I tease, "that's so cute."

"I'm not jealous," he argues, "I'm concerned, I don't want you around a death eater."

"Keep it down with those words would you," I hiss, "Draco is not a death eater!" I whisper snap, "and in case you've forgotten, a certain mark on my arm, claims that I'm one too."

"You're not one of them," he snaps, "you never will be."

"Harry..." I sigh

"What?" He asks still ridged

"Would you still love, even if we were enemies?" I ask

     He stares at me as if I had three head; what the hell is with guys? Why is it such a hard question for them to answer? The answer is obviously yes; I mean he's my brother for gods sake! The love of family is supposed to be unconditional isn't it?

"Well?" I snap as I glare at him

"Uhm..." he says

"I have to get to class," I say before getting up from the Gryffindor table and storming out

     Ugh! Brothers! You can't stand them all the time, yet you can't live without them around either; I make my way to potions before the halls are able to become crowded with firsts trying to find their way...

"Slowly down would you!"

"..." I stop in my tracks and turn to see Romula

"Heard everything," she answers my unasked question of why she followed me

"Oh," I say quietly as we start walking down the halls again

"Cheer up," she says, "so he's a bit daft when it comes to what're asking," she goes on, "he'll figure it out eventually; in the mean time, you should look forward to this year..."

"And whys that?" I ask

"You get to make love potion this year!" She exclaims excitedly, "it smells differently to each person; each person who smells it, smells the sent of the thing a person finds most attractive."

"What did you smell?" I find myself asking

"Well," Romula starts, "I smelled gunpowder, Freddie's hair, and..." she says as she tries to remember, "oddly enough...fresh biscuits."

"Whys that odd?" I ask confused as we reach the potions class

"Cause in my first year the twins made a plate of hot biscuits explode in my face," she laughs, "my face was covered in butter and they were laughing like no tomorrow-so was everyone else mind you..."

"Were you mad?" I ask

"..." she thinks for a moment, "nope," she smiles, "that was the moment I knew I found my mate."

"But you were only eleven," I argue

"So what? Love at first sight is a real thing," she says sternly