Hello Again

Setting: September 1, 1996; Kings Cross Station London England, Jemima's p.o.v.

I take a deep breath before stepping off platform nine and three quarters and onto the Hogwarts express; I walk down the compartment halls, making my way to the one labeled 'secret keeper' and only look forwards as I walk. Not many people are in the halls, the few that are, are mostly first years. I stop at my compartment door upon hearing the sound of giggling from the other side. Not caring who it is or why they're in my compartment. I slam open the door and stare at the brunette fourth year Slytherin laying sprawled across one of the seats, sitting in the exact same fashion is her older, almost identical looking sister.

"Hello Daphne," I say to the older one before looking to the fourth year, "Astoria; did you need to talk to me about something?"

"..." they stare as if I have three heads

"Well if there's nothing," I start, "then I ask you two be on your way please."

"Wait for me outside Astoria," Daphne tells her younger sister as she sits up in the seat

"What?" I ask as I push my trunk into the holding above the seat

"Pansy hooked up with Goyle at the end of last term," she tells me

"Why are you telling me this? Aren't you part of her gang?" I ask as I take a seat and record her visit, "and also, why would I care? It's none of my business."

"Point is that she's no longer after Draco," she says with an eye roll

"You still holding out for Crabbe?" I ask

"Not really," she says with a sigh, "he's too thick headed to even notice any girl likes him," she adds, "Blaise is kind cute though."

"Blaise..." I repeat, "as in Blaise Zambini?"

"Yea," she blushes

"Draco's best friend," I state, "that Blaise Zambini?"

"Yes!" She snaps in annoyance

"Well good luck with that then," I say with a smile and she leaves and Astoria walks in

"..." she sits down and is quiet

"What's up?" I ask after a moment of silence

"I have a crush," she whispers

"O...k..." I say as I record her visit

"On Draco," she whispers in a barely audible voice

"..." I look up from the note book at her words and stare at her

"I've had a crush on him since my first," she gushes

"..." I just stare at her- oh...I never thought that there might actually be someone else out there that might like him, "is that all?" I ask clearing my throats and shaking my head free of my thoughts

Daphne and Astoria both leave; soon enough I'm back in the routine of listening to people and taking short breaks and by the time the train leaves the station, I'm half way through the first year students. I whip through the second years and third years and am in the middle of the fourth years when the door to my compartment suddenly slams open. Standing there in the doorway, with a look of both disbelief and clear anger, is none other than Draco; I narrow my eye and glare at him, I stand and apologize to the Hufflepuff boy I'm with for the rude interruption. I then walk towards Draco and push him backwards out of the compartment door way, I look in the direction of the line before grabbing his sleeve and pulling him towards the bathrooms.