Fourteen

*Zayn's POV*

"Take me into your loving arms, kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. Oh darling. Place your hand on my beating heart. I'm thinking out loud." I sung taking my shirt off.

I climbed in bed and looked up. I looked at the mirror on my ceiling. Things have been different lately. It's because apparently I'm just being a friend to Niall. Maybe I do want a relationship and I don't know it yet.

We're going on our 'outing' in a couple of days instead of a date. I like treating him right that's all. And if that means treating him like my boyfriend maybe we should be in a relationship. I mean I know that I don't want to and I know that I don't want to put myself through anything and Niall turns out to not be for me.

I don't want to be in a relationship though. What if I end up accidentally being mean to Niall or he ends up being too mean to me. It's not something I want to think about. Especially right now. I know if I ever think about other things they end up following in my dreams. So I have to think positive things. So I looked up at my ceiling at my mirror.

I could see it very clearly. Fuck I forgot to take my contacts out. I sat up from bed and eventually willed myself to go to the bathroom to wash my hands. I went back in my room grabbed the case and took my contacts out. Then I got back in bed and looked up at my mirror and it was blurry as hell. Better.

I closed my eyes and I just went to sleep.

-"No Zayn I'm sorry we can't see each other anymore. I really want to but I'm starting to feel feelings for you and I know you don't want to be in a relationship so I think this can't continue. I don't want to get hurt?" He said looking down and I could see tears dripping from his face onto his pants.

"But I do like you Niall." I said and he looked up and his face was different.

It was distorted. He looked weird kinda.

"No you only like the way I look Zayn. And that's not enough for me. I know you told me this before. That nothing will come of our friendship but I thought I could do it and I can't. So once again I'm so sorry." He said. "Just leave me alone."

And I started to get further and further away from him. Like that sunken place shit from Get Out. And I couldn't reach him. I just kept getting further away.

I woke up to my alarm blaring and I was sweating. I got up and put on my glasses going and getting in the shower. I washed myself and my hair before getting out and blow drying it. I did it up in a quiff and left the bathroom. I put on my underwear and some light blue jeans. I slid in my black and white vans and looked for a shirt. I found a yellow sweater and put it on.

I took off my glasses and put my contacts in. I was just trying not to freak out about my dream. I have to talk to Niall.

I looked out my window to see Niall walking around slowly rubbing his eyes. I wake up earlier than most so I can look nice. I don't care if it's just school I have to look nice everywhere I go. I sprayed some cologne on me and I turned towards my door.

I went downstairs and my mom soon joined me. She smiled. "Good morning, how was your dream?" She asked like she did every morning.

"I don't know mom, I'm so confused so I have to talk to Niall." I said and she nodded.

She started cooking me breakfast and we talked a little bit. She put my oatmeal in front of my before going and getting a handful of blueberries and putting them on top. She grabbed a banana and kissed my head.