» 65 «

» You're gonna love this chapter *cue evil, sinister chuckle* «

••

He heard her soft gasp and his heart plummeted at the sound of it.

Gunner realized that his hands were shaking and his mind was full of thoughts that would make Lamees go red forever if he even dared to voice them out loud.

He gulped and tried to ignore the way she smelled. Clean with a hint of a soft but fresh fragrance.

His hands kept slipping off of the buckle and he made contact with her waist a few times. A brush so soft and momentarily that he almost didn't feel it but he did. He felt himself get electrified every time that he did and all he could think of how much he wanted to touch her. Deliberately and slowly.

He could hear her breathing fasten, could tell that her heart was beating just as rapidly as his.

With another final tug, the shirt managed to come free from the buckle and Gunner opened the seatbelt.

But he didn't move away.

He looked up at her slowly and met her wide eyes. Their faces were only inches apart and this time, there were no librarians or people to distract them.

This time when Gunner moved in, Lamees didn't back away.

She was frozen, as if in a trance with the way his eyes darkened when he looked at her. She felt his breath on her cheeks and then on her lips. Everything inside her was tingling and she was aware of every fiber in her body because it felt like everything was being turned upside down.

Their lips met just as she closed her eyes.