» 22 «

» I'd just love to thank everyone who's been reading my book so far, you guys should know that your comments always make my day. So thank you for making me smile and chuckle when even I feel like I'm drowning in stress and my university assignments. «

••

She stood there breathless, watching him. He was putting something in his locker and he was finally alone. For a while, at least, anyway. It wouldn't be long before his friends swarmed around him again and she knew that if she wanted to ask him, it was now or never.

She heaved in a deep breath and stepped forward.

She wanted to write an entry in her journal last night but for some reason, it wasn't in her bag. She couldn't find it anywhere in her room either. It had been bothering her all night. She couldn't have lost it, she was too overprotective of it. That art journal contained so much of her - her memories, her emotions, her raw thoughts. She couldn't even bear the idea of losing it.

But then she recalled how earlier that day at school, she had left in such a haste when Gunner had started questioning her. Maybe...

She didn't want to believe it but that could be where she had left her journal. With him.

There were all sorts of questions in her mind now and she prayed that Gunner hadn't opened the journal at all. If she was lucky, he might not have even noticed it when she had left it behind.

She approached him now, itching to ask him the one question that had been on her mind for several hours now. For some reason, she felt embarrassed about how she was so obsessed with her journal, and sometimes even dependent on it.

Gunner looked up just then and caught her eye. He stopped. Something about how unnaturally stiff he became in that second spoke volumes to Lamees and when she looked into those green eyes, she had no doubt that he had read it. For Gunner never glanced away from her like he did just then.