» 11 «

» I can't believe that TGWTH has been ranking already, it's all thanks to you guys. Please share the story around more so that we can get it closer to #1 «

••

It was a few days later when she was passing the school grounds to get to the cafeteria, that she saw him with a bunch of other guys.

They were all playing basketball on the court and Lamees paused to watch them.

Gunner was behind another player who had the ball in his hands. The guy tried to pass the ball to someone else but Gunner sidestepped him swiftly and with a jump, caught the ball with his left hand.

He started running, heading for the hoop with the other players hot on his tail. He only had a white undershirt on and Lamees noticed how the damp material clung to his chest. She knew that she should look away but her gaze remained fixed on Gunner and how even from a distance, you could catch the way his eyes gleamed with determination.

He leapt for the hoop and she could already feel the ghost of a smile on her face. He was going to make it. He was going to score.

Neither of them could've predicted what happened next. Another guy jumped up and before Gunner got the ball in, he pushed it out of Gunner's hands and sent the ball flying in the opposite direction - towards Lamees.

She didn't even have the time to blink when the ball hit her face with such a force that she stumbled back and lost her balance. She fell down with a thud and her breath caught for a second.