» 07 «

» Random question but do you guys have a favorite language? I was thinking of including a few French phrases and sentences in the future chapters. Of course, since I don't know the language, officialfuryevans is going to have to coach me. 😂 «

••

"Why do you blush so much?"

"I do not!" She answered almost immediately, not surprisingly without a slight tint to her cheeks.

He chuckled softly. "You're doing it right now too."

"Whatever, I'm busy. Can you just go away?" She turned around and continued to browse the shelves, running a thin finger on the book spines as she moved along slowly.

They were in the school library and as Gunner observed Lamees from behind, he knew that she was familiar with the place, knowing exactly where to look for whatever she was searching.

He wasn't surprised. He was actually more surprised at himself for being here in the first place.

He had to pass a French test the next week and since the teacher knew how hopeless he was, she had written down a few book titles on a piece of paper which could help him with the subject.

This was only the third time he'd been to the library in almost four years and he was having trouble looking for the French section. The librarian hadn't been helpful either as he kept telling Gunner to "help himself".

That's when he had come across Lamees and she had blushed once again upon seeing him, which made him wonder if she liked him.

"What're you doing here anyway?" She asked him now, as she pulled out a book and flipped through its pages. "You don't strike me as the reading type."

"And that's a bad thing in your opinion?" He folded his arms across his chest.

She slammed the book shut and faced him, her expression grim. "Yes."