Opportunity Knocking

Perry's POV

        Ryan took a picture of the wall before mom called him over. "Hey man send this picture to Tara so she can see mom's gift from us." Ryan said handing me his blue Android. "Ryan.. we didn't help paint this. Lacey painted it." I scoffed. Taking the phone. "Yeah but we're in it and without us it would be incomplete." Ryan said nodding his head and walking over to mom. "Suuure." I chuckled. I sent Tara the picture. I walked over to cut a piece of cake but my attention averted to this short girl with black hair, a blue shirt on and a black short with sandals on. I walked over to her calmly. My game time. I grabbed someone's cake and pretended to not be paying attention where I was going. I smacked the cake right on her pretty little shirt. I looked at her with my eyes widened. Her eyes widened and she gasped and squealed. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going. Sorry." I apologized. "It's ok? Now I have to go home and changed." She complained. "No my sister has a shirt you can wear come on." I said walking out the room. She followed me into Lacey's room. I looked at her and she was asleep with Trace on top of her and Tracey laying beside her. "Awww." We said in unison. "That's my sister and that guy is ....her friend? And the little girl is his sister." "Oh." I didn't want to snoop through her clothes so I was going to ask Kaylin to give her one but Ryan's phone vibrated. "Hey you know my sister Kaylin?" "Yeah." "Go tell her that I said to give you a shirt for me. I have to get this. The girl left. "Hello?" "Hey is this Ryan?" Tara asked. "No this is Perry. Ryan asked me to take all of his calls so what's up?" "Perry who painted the wall?" "Uh Lacey. She finished it off why?" "Cool. It's beautiful. May I speak with her?" "She's sleep. Uh she just found out that University of Phoenix didn't accept her." "What was she going for?" "To become an artist." "Aww. Well that's what I need. Do you think her Mom will let her come up here to work with me? I really need some help." Tara sighed. "Yeah Tara mom will love for her to go. This is great." "So she'll be coming home with you guys right?" "Yeah. Take my extra key and go make space in my apartment for her please." "Yeah sure. Hey no don't put that there!" She screamed to a person in the art store. "Hey I have to go. Talk to you later." Tara hung her phone up. I went back to the party room and handed Ryan his phone. "Hey mom can I talk to you?" "Yeah baby sure." Mom said waving goodbye to the people leaving. "Hey mom Tara,Ryan's girlfriend, has a art store. She saw Lacey's artwork." "That's great and she did?" "Yes ma'am. One thing." "What?" "She needs help with the store. That's why she didn't come because her hands are full. She wanted to know if Lacey could go up there and live to help her since she wasn't accepted into University of Phoenix. It could be her second chance." I said all in one breath. My mom had no expression on her face and then her mouth widened into a smile. She nodded her head squealing. "Yes my girl is going to be happy. When does she leave?" My mom asked clapping her hands. "When we leave which is Sunday morning." I said breaking my smile into a frown. "Well we'll just have to get her ready by then and say our goodbye's." Mom smile subsided into a light smile. "Ok mom. But never say goodbye." I said giving her a hug and kiss on her cheek. "Where's Lacey anyway?" "Oh she fell asleep crying." I sighed. "Oh. Should I wake her?" "No mom. Let her sleep." "Ok baby." "Hey mom I know this is your birthday but Ryan and I have to be somewhere. We'll see you in the morning though." "Ok baby." She said giving me a tight hug. "Hey Ry man let's go." "Ok.' Ryan said grabbing his phone off the table.