Surprise Surprise

We went over to her giving her one. "Thank you kids. This is the best party ever." She cried in joy hugging us. "You welcome Mom." I spoke for all of  us. Sid let his hug go and whispered something to Mom that made her smile and nod,"Yeah go for it." She smiled looking at him then glancing at Kim. I walked over to Trace. "Hey there tiger." I said lightly pushing his shoulder. "Good job. I almost cried off your little speech." He chuckled grabbing me by my waist and wrapping his arms around me. I smiled as he leaned in for a kiss but we got interrupted by Sid getting everyone's attention. "Hey is everyone liking the party?" Sid asked making everyone say,"Yes!" In unison. "Ok that's great. Um Kim come up here for a minute." He said going into the crowd and pulling her up there. "Everyone this is Kim. The most amazing girlfriend. I would say she is a perfect girlfriend but she isn't." He said looking into her eyes. She frowned and dropped her head when he said that she wasn't a perfect girlfriend. I saw some people shaking their heads and putting on a sad face or frowning. He lifted her chin up looking into her eyes. "Let me explain. You aren't the perfect girlfriend and never will be. You can only be the perfect wife for me." He said. The next I know he is getting on one knee. He pulled out a  little small box. Kim's blue eyes were getting teary. Some people gasped and some awed. I looked up at Trace who was staring at me and smiling. I returned the smile and averted my attention back to Sid and Kim. Sid opened the small box revealing a small ring. "Kim Patrice Lewis, be my wife." He said biting his bottom lip. Kim gasped as her tears flowed down her face. "Get up." She said in her small tiny voice. Sid got up and she walked up to him and hugged him. "I love you Sid..I'll marry you." She cried in joy. He pulled away from her sliding the ring on her ring finger. She tip toed and he came down  kissing her. Everyone cheered and my Mom got up and hugged Kim. "Welcome to the family." My Mom said. Mom went to go sit down but she went back up to the front looking nervous. "Hey thanks for coming everyone. I want to especially thank my children and their friends for putting it together and planning it. I have some news too." Mom cringed up her face not sure she wanted to say this. "I'm 5 weeks pregnant." She announced. It was bad that I was drinking punch because I choked off it. I coughed trying to catch my breath. Trace patted my back still paying attention to what my Mom just announced. "You're pregnant?" I asked finally catching my breath. "Yeah 5 weeks." She added. "Congrats Mom and Sid. A toast." Perry said raising his beverage in the air. Everyone did also along with Trace and I. "A toast to Sid and his marriage and a toast to Mom's pregnancy!" He yelled. Then he noticed what he just said and said,"What the heck? Mom you're pregnant?" "Yes. I was so anxious to tell you Frank. That's why I was looking the children earlier so I could tell all of you." She said to my father. "So I'm going to be another dad?" My dad asked with a shocked but happy face. Mom nodded her head yes. Oh my. That's why she's been leaving all the time and why she had been so sleepy Sunday night. The baby was making her sleepy and she kept going to the hospital to check on the little thing. "Looks like both of our moms are prego huh."Trace chuckled making me blush. "Yeah. I guess so." "Anyone else want to surprise us?" My Mom asked walking up to me and reaching in my back pocket. "Hmm. Sweeet! Your University of Phoenix letter. Open it and read it." Mom ordered me handing it back to me. I shrugged and opened it. I read it with a smile which subside. I looked back up at my Mom smiling trying to hold back my disappointment and anger. I gulped hard,"I wasn't accepted." I said trying to keep my smile plastered on my face. "What no? I'm sorry sis. You deserve to be accepted." Perry said rubbing my shoulders then letting them go. I looked up at Trace who was now frowning with a sad sorry look on his face. "Lacey I'm sorry." He said coming towards me for a hug. I let him hug me but I didn't hug back. He pulled away still with his arms wrapped around me. "You deserve to go." "I'm ok. Don't worry. Uh I'm fine. I'm just going to go to my room for a minute. I'll be back." I said giving off a small smile. I went to my room and silently cried. I wasn't accepted. What did I do wrong? I stopped crying and just laid there. Someone walked into my room. I looked over and it was Tracey. She had on a blue dress with her blond hair in two ponytails with ribbons wrapped around them. Her blue flats taped the floor as Tracey walked over to me and laid down beside me. "Hey cupcake," I said to her giving off a smile. "What do you want?" Tracey sat up. "Why are you crying? Don't say you're not because you are. I see your puffy red eyes." She said raising her eyebrow and pursuing her lips. "I didn't get accepted into the college I wanted." "Try another one then." "See Tracey it's not that simply. University of Phoenix is the only college that helps me work on just the thing I want to be." "An artist." "How did you know I wanted to become an artist kid?" "Because you painted that wall beautifully. Plus Trace told me." "He told you? Why?" "Because I want to be a comedian but my brother told me I shouldn't be one because my jokes wasn't cracking up." Was she in the kitchen when I said that to Kay. "Oh." "Yeah so my second choice is to decorate and draw things for party." "Oh. What did you come in here for by the way?" Tracey laid down on my pillow. "I'm sleepy." She whispered. I watched her eyelids droop. She yawned and she was soon asleep. She is one mature 7 year old. I don't know what possessed me to scoot closer to her and wrap my arms around her but I did. I started to drift off but someone came in. I slightly looked up to see who it was. It was Kim. Woah what a surprise. "Hi." Kim said sitting at my desk and placing her hands in her lap. "Hello. You need something?" "Just came to check on you to see if you were ok." A totally surprise now. This girl hardly ever talk but she was talking now. "Oh thanks." "I'm sorry you didn't get accepted." "It's ok. I'm alright." "You were crying for heavens sake Lace. You're not alright." Wow!  "I know." "Who is that?" She asked nodding her head to Tracey. "This is Trace's little sister Tracey."

"Oh. You too are close?" "Well I've known her for all her life so yeah you can say that." I said moving her ponytail out of her face. Kim got up and walked over to me. "It's going to be ok. Something will turn up." She sighed bending down giving me a hug. Again Wow! Someone else walked in. It was Trace. "Hey. Bye." Kim said to Trace on her way out. "Bye." He said walking over to me. "Hi." I said. "Hello. So are you ok?" "Fine as a black girl's figure." I lightly chuckled. Trace looked at Tracey sleeping my arms wrapped around her. I pulled my arms away from her as I felt tears forming. Trace came over to me opening up his arms. I got up and hugged him. "Come on cry." He said feeling my hair. "No. I'm not going to cry. I'm going to suck it up and find another way like Tracey advised." "Wait..Tracey gave you advice?" "Yeah she's smart for a seven year old." I chuckled looking up at him. "Haha." Trace said looking into my eyes then at my lips. I bit my bottom lip and yawned. "I'm a little sleepy." I let Trace go and laid down. I closed my eyes but I felt something heavy on top of me. I opened my eyes and Trace was laying on top of me with his head on my chest. "You're a big baby." I chuckled tangling my fingers in his hair messing it up. He just laughed. I fell asleep along with him.