Let's Get Ready

Chapter 26

We cleaned the room up then put all the left furniture in the garage and began painting the wall that my Mom and I started on. I guess Trace wanted to have fun so he splash some paint on me and started laughing. "Not funny." I said with a serious face. I was still pissed from that prank that they'd pulled a few moments ago. Friday rolled around quick. I woke up and went downstairs seeing Mom. "Good morning mommy.Happy birthday!" I greeted her hugging her. "Thanks Lace baby." She said getting up and grabbing her keys and leaving. I hurried up stairs and woke Kaylin up. "Get up get up get up!" "What Lacey!" She moaned loud in her sleepish voice. "The queen has left the castle! Get up!" I yelled to her grabbing her hands and pulling her out the bed. "Get dressed in mom's favorite color! You do know her favorite color right?" I yelled breathless. "Yeah." She said going into the bathroom. "Ok. Wait what is it then?!" "I know my mom's favorite color!" She snapped. "It's Gray." "No that's dad's. Mom's baby blue!" I yelled running in my room. I texted Trace and told him to gather all the children from the neighborhood that we know and their parents to see if they had got my mom a present or were they still going and if they were wear baby blue.Then I got in the showering and out. I wore baby blue skinny jeans and ribbon in my hair. I put a pink graphic thin fabric shirt on that said,"Keep Calm. And Eat A Cupcake" I grabbed my pink wedge heels and ran downstairs to get my blue leather jacket. Mom walked in and just in time I hid. "Heey baby! Happy birthday." My dad said walking in the house from the kitchen door. He walked pass me and almost spoke to me but I waved my hands while shaking my hands no. "Get her out of here." I mouthed to him as he hugged her. "Hey honey uhh let's go to Home Depot!" He said pulling her out the door. I came out from my hiding spot and rushed up stairs. "Hey Kaylin! I'm going to go. The decorations are in the room already so set them up." I said running back downstairs grabbing mom's car keys that she had left to go with dad. I opened the door and smashed into someone. "Woah someone's in a rush." Trace laughed. "No time. Go upstairs and help Kaylin." I commanded him picking up the mail that was on the ground. "Here take this." I noticed something with my name on it and took it with me along with Alex. "Hey where are you rushing off to?" Alex asked me. "Get in!" I shouted starting the ignition. I drove to the airport and looked for my goofy brothers. Someone taped my shoulder so I spun around to see Ryan. "Ryan!" I shouted hugging him. "Hey...you've grown. You're almost taller than mee." He laughed being over dramatic. I patted his cheek as he went over to speak to Alex. He and Alex did their greeting hand shake that they use to do. Perry came over to me picking me up in a hug. "How's my favorite sister?" "Fine." I replied. He put me down and looked at me like that's all you're going to say. "Oh how's my favorite brother?" I asked being unsure. "No. Let's get going. There's a party that needs to be setup!" He exclaimed throwing his hands up. "And I'm fine." He added. We all got in the car. On the way home Perry spotted my piece of mail and reached for it but I quickly smacked his hand away putting my hands back on the steering wheel. "Don't touch!" I scolded. "My little Lacey wacey is going to The University of Phoenix?" He coed tickling my neck. "Lacey wacey?" Alex questioned. "Yeah that's-" Alex cut Perry off by saying,"Nevermind." He laughed. I looked in the rear view mirror at Ryan sucking his thumb silently sleep. "Hey you guys mind being quiet? Ry is sleeping." I said. The both nodded a yes."No we don't mind." We got home and went in. We all went up stairs. I signaled Ryan to walk through the door first to surprise Trace and Kaylin. He did. "Need any help?" Ryan asked walking in as Perry followed right behind him. "I can help too." He said 1 second after Ryan asked.