Chapter Seven

The Boy Who Never Left, 2014 ForeverYoung786

Edited by rhiannonthepenguin

Chapter Seven

"What about the time when you tried out for football," I reminded Adam.

 "Oh yeah. I don't even know what came over me." He says laughing along with me.

 In our second year of high school Adam had wanted to try something new so he joined the all boys football team run by our school. But there was one tiny problem, Adam's specialty isn't the sport. So when he did try out and he had to kick the ball into the goal his shoe laces were untied. When he ran he fell over them falling face forward making all the wet mud smear all of his face but he didn't realize that his pants were loose whilst running so they also came falling down.

 "It was a Monday when you wanted to try out."

 -

 -

 -

"Come on," I let my house keys slide into my fingers as Adam pulled me by my wrist.

 "Where are you taking me?" I lock my house door and turn to Adam who is practically is jumping on the spot.

 "Ready?" He asked ignoring my question. I nodded my head and his face lit up and he literally ran towards the car.

 Once I got inside Adam drove towards to God knows where.

 "Tell me," I asked staring out of the window.

 "It won't be a surprise if I tell you, now would it?" Groaning I rested my head on the window.

 The rest of the car journey was left in silence. The silence, for the first time in ages, wasn't insufferable it felt bearable. Once we had stopped at our destination he bolted out of the door as if his seat was on fire.

 Once I had exited the car I took in my surroundings.

 "This is your surprise?" He nodded grinning.

 His smile faded, "you don't like it?"

I shook my head, "no I like it." I smiled and he did too.

 "Ferris Wheel first?" I nodded my head and pulled Adam behind me.

 -

 -

 -

 "I guess you actually did do what you wanted to." I told Adam whilst we both lay down on the grass under the skylight.

 "I guess I did." I looked up at the stars with thoughts about Adam flying around like crazy. I was certain that I stopped breathing for a few seconds.

 I wanted to say to Adam that I liked him maybe something more. But instead I stayed quiet and left the thoughts in my head.

 It was silent for a while as we both were too deep in our thoughts to even utter a syllable. Deep down somewhere I wished Adam is talking about me. It was Adam who broke the silence."Don't you think," he says but he didn't finish since my breath became noisy and irregular."Amelia? Are you- do you have a morphine*?" Adam asked as he searched his pockets.

 Inhale and exhale.

 "Of course you wouldn't! No one gets prescribed with them at this early stage. Unless..." Adam said to himself.

 It was then when I struggled even more with my breaths. I felt as if something was stuffed inside of my lungs so no air could get in.

 "Fuck." I heard before completely backing out.

 -

 -

 -

 *Morphine is a drug that helps to make breathing easier for lung cancer patients when their breaths become noisy and irregular.