Chapter Five

The Boy Who Never Left, 2014 ForeverYoung786

Edited by rhiannonthepenguin

Chapter Five

 The sound of music filled my ears as the smell of alcohol, sweat, weed and cheap perfumes mixed together roamed around the house and danced near my nostrils. The smell made me visibly cringe in disgust.

I looked at Adam and asked, "Why did you bring me here?"

"I need to get something from someone, just stay here." And with that he took off into the spawn of sweaty body and soon he had disappeared from my vision. I sighed and rested the back of my head on the wall.

Why am I here?

Maybe, 'cause you wanted to be here.

When someone bumped into me I stumbled backwards trying to recollect my balance.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry," a very drunk blonde girl apologized.

"It's fine," I gave her a sincere smile before she surprisingly grabbed my left wrist and dragged me into the kitchen. Where a punch bowl, - probably spiked with alcohol - is surrounded by cups after cups of alcohol and some probably without.

"Here," the same girl who has bumped into me and dragged me here offered me a red cup filled with an unknown liquid.

"What is it?" I asked suspiciously but before I protest about drinking alcohol - the liquid smells like it - she shoved it down my throat making the alcohol sting in my throat.

She giggled, "I'm Blue," I smiled at her back once she skipped off.

I felt a weird urge to go and randomly take a cup so I could drink, drink and drink letting go of all the responsibly and problems in my life even if it will be for a while.

Before I could reconsider the thought I had already gulped down five red cups of alcohol and was already on a bottle.

"Amelia!" Adam called out once he stepped into the kitchen and saw me drinking. His face switched emotions from worried to fuming.

I punted when Adam snatched the bottle out of my hand, "Oi! Give it back!"

"No! Now come on, I'm taking you home," he says determinedly and took hold of my right arm and forced it around his shoulders whilst his arm is placed around my waist to steady me as I was most likely to stumble when I take a step.

"Stop being such a party pooper and let me stay," I slurred and he rolled his eyes at me. "Come on," he ordered me once again and this time instead of protesting I obeyed.

It had been only three steps outside the house when I threw up and three steps away from the car I passed out.

*

I woke up to a pounding headache. I groaned as I tried to lift myself up from my bed into a more comfortable position.

How in the world did I get here? Last I remembered I was talking to a very drunk girl, I think her name is Blue or something like that, as a party which Adam took me to and the rest was just a blur.

A knock came from my door as it slowly opened, "Amelia? Are you awake?" Mason asked a little too loud for me.

I groaned once again and glared at him, "I've got a hangover here. Please can you talk quietly," I scolded him making him purposely shut the door with such a hard force which of course would make the pounding in my head worse.

"Pig! What do you want?" I hissed at him whilst he sent me a innocent smile and placed two painkillers and a glass of water on my bedside table.

"Since you've got a hangover I brought you some painkillers," he pointed towards them. "They'll help reduce the pounding in your head." He studied my face as I sat up and swallowed down the pain killers with the water.

"What?" I asked once I noticed his eyes are on me.

"Nothing" his gaze shifted from me and onto my bedrooms roof.

"Tell," I ordered. I could hear some muffled voices downstairs but wasn't able to make out who there are.

"Why did you do it?" His gaze flickered on me before returning to the roof, "You've got lung cancer and yet you decide to go out and damage your lungs even more!"

"I don't know why, okay?" Mason shook his head at me and left my room. I got up from my bed placing my feet on the floor and headed towards the bathroom.

*

"It is a lot of pressure since their lives kinda depend on you," Adam stopped for a moment to think whilst his face beamed, "it's just amazing really. Saving all those lives, letting people have another chance at life. I can't really explain it but you'll know how it feels if you get to do something like that." I glared at Adam once he finished.

Luke stared at him in amazement. Little prick why couldn't anyone, anyone be his role model. I wouldn't even mind if Scar from The Lion King is his role model as long as Adam isn't.

"Have you e-" Luke started.

"Luke! Don't you have somewhere to be?" I cut him off since I couldn't bare listening to him for another minute because all he did was ask Adam this and that! And yes it is very annoying.

"Uh...no."

"Well it's one A.M don't you have a freakin' lecture to get to?" My glare was more intense than ever.

"Oh shit! I better get going Sam is going to kill me!" He rushed out of the door and out from my sight.

That was easier than I expected.

"You have somewhere to be too," Adam said with a smile on his face which for some bizarre reason made butterflies erupt in my stomach like a volcano erupting out lava.

"No I don't," I know what Adam is talking about. I'm going to have chemo but I don't want to go since I know that I won't survive.

"The chemotherapy?" I don't recall telling Adam about it. For Pete sake I didn't even tell anyone in my family! "How do you know? I asked and his face paled.