Chapter Six

The Boy Who Never Left, 2014 ForeverYoung786

Edited by rhiannonthepenguin

"I'm sorry! I knew you would act as if today isn't your first chemotherapy treatment. It is important if you want you live, Amelia. I know you, so I knew you wouldn't tell anyone about it but without someone persuading you to go you wouldn't. But no one would have been able to do that if you don't tell them and I know you don't have any intentions whatsoever to a soul. So I had to, Amelia, I had to," Adam explained himself with pleading eye begging me to forgive him but I can't. I have to stay strong, right?

"No you didn't have to! It's none of your business what happens and what doesn't happen in my life. Okay, I admit it. I'm not planning on going to it but so what? It's just my first chemotherapy-"

"Wait, pause. Today's your first chemo treatment? Why didn't you tell us?" Mason asked in astonished as he strolled into the living room with his hands shoved in his pockets.

I shot Adam the most scariest glare I could master, "uh.." I looked back at Adam who is watching me with great amusement and this time, - for the first time and hopefully for the last - I sent him a pleading look.

"She was just going to say that she doesn't want to go to these chemotherapy lessons. It's where the cancer," Mason visibly flinched. "patient gets told more about what's going inside their body to decrease the cancer." Adam finished beaming satisfied with his answer which had made butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Oh, but why can't you tell her since you're a doctor?" Mason asked. I opened my mouth to speak but Adam beat me to it.

"I was just going to suggest that," he said with a cocky grin on his face. 

"Okay then-I'm off. I'm meeting Jenny," Mason's fiancé is Jenny. When he said this he looked dazed as if he was in his own world.

As soon as Mason was out the door, I turned to face Adam who just grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me towards his car. Talk about kidnapping.

"Get it and I don't want to hear you protest."

*

"Please, Adam, I don't want to in there!" I protested once again for millionth time about not wanting to go inside the hospital.

"Fine," he snapped with his jaw clenched. "You don't take your fucking chemotherapy then. Just sit around pretending as if everything is fine even though slowly you're dying mentally and you know. Because when it actually does get to a certain state where you can just about breath. You'll regret going in, you'll regret listening to me and you most definitely will regret the chances of decreasing it. You're basically killing yourself slowly!" He slammed the door shut and stomped to the hospital doors mumbling incoherent things.

Guilt. That was the only feeling that actually traveled threw my body at this moment of time. 

I felt guilty for not at least trying to cure my cancer. For not letting those who want to help and are willing to help actually help. But I don't need the help, or do I?

You do, a voice in my head spoke, who's going to cure the cancer? The doctors I presume. 

With the voice echoing in my head, I finally got up from my seat and went into the hospital. Forcing a smile upon my face I walked up to the front desk.

"Can I help you?" Her gaze was only rested on my for a second maybe even less.

"I'm Amelia and-" my forced smile crumbled down.

"Look darling, I don't give to sh-"

"She's with me Jess," I heard Adam say behind me.

"Oh, well, I'm really sorry, Amelia." She spat out my name as is was venom. She gave Adam a long glance before getting back to her work.

I turned around and followed Adam as he led the way.

Soon I was seated in a chair with the hot blazing Australian sun shining through the windows which gave a gorgeous view of the hospitals' gardens.

Since it's summer, the sun shone brighter, the flowers are in bloom and they looked better than ever.

With a sigh, I rested my head back and shut my eyelids before drifting off to dreamland. 

(A/N: This is a dream, just so you're aware and are not confused.)

It's raining again for the billionth time this month. At this rate this may be our wettest spring yet in England. It is though the common weather and well you have to expect it. 

Taking my gaze off from the schools' window since the bell rang signaling the end of the day and thank God for that. I got up from my scruffy Math's desk and shoved my textbooks in my bag then made my way out of the classroom.

"Don't forgot to do your homework," Mr. James called as soon as my foot exited the class. And before I knew it I was practically shoved out the doors. Why some people are just a little too eager to get out of school, aren't they?

With a huff, I walked towards my locker and literally shoved in my books making sure to leave enough room so my locker could actually shut.

"You seriously need to start taking books home," says Sam, my best friend, when I managed to shut my locker with great difficulty.

"I know, I know I re-"

BUZZ! 

My phone indicated that I just received a new text message. Grabbing my phone out of my back pocket, I quickly skimmed through it.

"Luke the idiot has just landed himself in trouble and needs me" I told Sam who just shook her head.

"Again?"She asked adjusting the strap of her side bag on her shoulder.

"Again," I confirmed, "I'll see you Monday!" I made my way towards the principals where Luck proclaims that he is being tortured.

Younger brothers these days are so fucking stupid, especially mine.

When I got to the principal's office, I was sent straight in where Luke is seated. 

Miss Quinlan, your brother claims he did not set off the fire alarm earlier on today when our security cameras tell us a whole different story." The principal, Mr. Hill, informed me.

See, stupid or what?

"Idiot," I whispered to him as I sat down.

"I didn't even..." Luke's voice trailed off as his face appeared on the screen and pressed the fire alarm.

"Who's that then?" Mr. Hill asked obviously amused.

"Your fucking mother," Luck muttered not loud enough for Mr. Hill to hear. I poked Luke with my elbow.

"It's me," he grumbled.

Mister Hill told Luke his punishment whilst I giggled. Once we were outof the school and in my car Luke begged me not to tell Mum.

"I have to, little brother, I have to," at that exact moment Adam walked by and our eyes locked.

 "Amelia!" Someone's arm shook me, pulling me out of my dream. I took a long yawn and stretched my arms before turning to look at whoever woke me up.

"What?" I asked Adam.

"Come on, Firecracker," He called me Firecracker back in high school when we were friends and I called him Jerk. The old nickname brought a smile upon my face.

"Whatever Jerk," he Said back.