31.

A/N: Idk why people think i'm playing lmao. I been having the time of my life muting and reporting people. Anyway, hello lovely people. The hiatus is over. I am back. Thank you for 600K. This chapter is a short filler. Things will pick up next chapter. thank you for being patient(to the people that actually were patient).

Athena Kelly

It was all good until reality kicked in. I pushed Cato away from me and immediately began shaking my head in denial. "No. No. No, no, no" I rubbed my temples while staring at the ground. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I raised my head to see him leaning against the counter in front of me smirking. I hated him so bad. "Why would you do that?!" I semi-yelled at him.

"You liked it" he chuckled.

"No. I didn't. I have a boyfriend. You can't do stuff like that!"

"I can do whatever I want as long as you ain't objectin'" he said.

"I'm leaving" I informed him and started on my way to the door.

"I ain't even invite yo ass. You ain't hurtin' me."

I stopped in my tracks. "I came over here out of concern for you!"

He kissed his teeth. "You came over here cause you nosey. You'on really give a fuck about how I feel."

I scoffed in shock that he would actually think that. "After getting to know me, you really think i'm like that?"

"Ion know what to think 'bout cho ass."

"You really don't know me at all" I shook my head in disbelief.

He just sized me and shrugged. "You gone leave or what? Ain't you gotta go cry to yo bum ass nigga 'bout how I kissed you? Or you gone keep it a secret?" he said with a smirk. I wanted to smack it right off of his face.

My head was throbbing because of how frustrated I was. I shook my head. "Bye Cato." I exited his front door and started on my journey home.

From the bus stop to my house, all I could think about was how I had really allowed him to kiss me. I wanted so bad to believe I wasn't in the wrong but I knew I was. I went over there. I let it happen. I was once again proving to myself how much of an idiot I was.

Nice going Athena.

I got home and made a beeline to my room. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went to my contacts. My finger hovered over Boyd's name. I was conflicted. I wasn't sure if it was easier to tell him and get this over with or avoid him and eventually bring it up later.

I ended up doing what I thought was best. I called him and within twenty minutes he was at my house. "Wassup?" he said as he pulled me into a hug. I felt so guilty that I could barely bring myself to enjoy it.

"Hey..." I drew out nervously. I felt like I wanted to panic but I ignored the tight feeling in my chest and the urge to hurl right onto the sidewalk.

"Why you called me over? Just bored?" he asked me before taking a sip from the smoothie in his hand.

"No, I have something to tell you."

"What?" he squinted.

"Please don't get mad. I'm really sorry" I rubbed my arm out of nervousness.

"What is it?"

"Cato kissed me."

He didn't say anything. He just stared at me blankly and tears started to form in my eyes. After a few moments he shook his head. "Can't fucking stand niggas."

"I'm sorry" I repeated.

"What 'chu sorry for? He kissed you."

"But I let it happen. I should have stopped him" I said to him.

"You so naive Athena. You can't even tell when niggas fuckin' wit'chu just cause. He did that shit to mess with you and it worked cause look how distraught you are."

I frowned. "What?"

"Why was you with 'em?" Boyd asked me.

I sighed. "I went to see how he was doing since his brother just died."

"And he wanted you to leave that shit alone so he kissed you to throw yo focus off. I knew that nigga a long time and he aint big on talkin' 'bout his feelings. He love fuckin' with me too so he knocked two things out at once."

My mind was all over the place but I just exhaled and left it alone. All I cared about at this point was making sure I wasn't about to get dumped. "Why he did it doesn't matter. I don't care. I just need you to know that i'm sorry and it wont happen again."

Boyd nodded. "I'm not even trippin' over it. You look like you feel like shit for it. Thats good enough for me."

I scoffed. "You're an idiot."

Boyd started laughing. He stopped and nodded behind me. "Yo mama home."

I turned around to see my mom getting out of her car with a few bags. "I guess i'll go help her. Are we good?" I asked him.

"We straight. I ain't puttin' my lips on you for a lil' minute doe." For some reason that made me laugh. He pulled me into a hug. "I'ma hit you up later."

"Bye" I waved and jogged over to my mom who was waving to Boyd.

"You need any help?" I asked her.

She shook her head no. "I got it. Just open the door for me."

When we got inside I started to be nosey and go through the bags. "What is all of this for?" I asked confused. It was a bunch of random stuff. My mom was never one to spend frivolously.

She smiled and clapped her hands together. "We are finally after years of back and forth with the damn government getting checks for your father. Now we can finally breathe. I don't have to work as much. We can do fun things again" she went on and on.

This was great. This was amazing. But her child was literally still missing.

"Thats awesome!" I hugged her.

She nodded. "I'ma tell your daddy tonight. I know he'll be relieved. He never admits it but I know it bothers him."

"Of course it does" I chuckled. "Hey, i'm gonna go take a nap. I'm pretty tired."

"Thats fine. I have to cook anyway" she nodded.

I headed into my room and fell face first into my bed. I spotted my journal across the room on my desk and realized that I hadn't even touched it in weeks. There were so many things stressing me out. Maybe writing in it would help. At least for now.