11.

A/N: Boyd is Ron Robinson III. Idk if yall know who he is but his IG is thurd_ (i was too lazy to go get a pic of him) and I think its kind of funny that yesterday I found a video of jessica jarrell(athena) eating a banana l

ol

Athena Kelly

It was cold. I dont know what type of front decided to hit South Florida, but I was freezing my butt off. It was a whole 44 degrees and it was only the first day of December. Why? I had no idea. Of course it was winter, but Florida winter is never actual winter.

I was walking to school by myself since Amaru was a victim of the stomach flu. She had been puking all over the place for the past few days so she's been home resting.

I made a mental note to remind myself that with the money Cato insisted on paying me, I needed to invest in some clothes for this type of weather. These hoodies weren't cutting it. I was shivering. My hands were frozen. My nose was cold and running. My eyes were burning. This was not fun at all. I was considering turning back around and going home. My bed was calling my name.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of a horn honking. I just ignored it and kept walking. Most of the time, it was usually just some random guy trying to get me into his car.

The horn honked again but it was closer. I ignored it again. All of a sudden, a car pulled up next to me. "You want a ride?" I heard a voice yell. I finally took the time to look over and see who it was.

It was Boyd. I shook my head no. "I'm okay."

"Quit being stubborn for like two seconds bra. Get in the fuckin' car" he leaned over and opened the passenger door. I sighed and gave in. I would keep walking on any other day, but today I just wanted to get to school as quick as possible.

I got inside the car and thanked God that he had on the heat. He had gospel music playing from his radio and I looked over at him weirdly after realizing.

"What?" he mumbled as he stopped at a light.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Nah, say whatchu gotta say."

"I didnt know you were the Tamela Mann type" I chuckled.

He shook his head with a smile. "Gotta get my daily praise in."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "YOU? Daily praise?"

"I'm offended that 'chu think i'm just a spawn of satan" he joked.

"I don't. Its just that you ...aren't that Godly like...." I trailed off.